Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: More GOOD news from Winchester... not...

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I can't wait for the glut to get back in a year or two after people just say fck it, I won't buy at these prices. I have not bought at insane prices and won't buy at insane prices. I have enough to weather the storm, I HOPE.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Can't say that most of us old timers didn't see this coming ... and it'll only get worse until people quit buying ... which ain't gonna happen anytime soon.

Corporate gun companies are making record profits. Sometimes I wonder if they don't actually relish these days of high anxiety and panic buying. They make HUGE profits every time it happens and ... I dunno, seems as if some of these CEOs almost hold disdain for we buying public who put pressure on them to meet demand. I've seen comments by a couple of CEOs almost berating customers who are asking "why the big shortage? Where's the ammo?"

Lemme ask .... does anyone really know who makes all the primers? Primers are apparently the real issue across the board. Who makes them, where?

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    This is an interesting study, from 2010, regarding military ammunition production at Lake City.

https://alu.army.mil/alog/issues/Sep...arms_ammo.html

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    That is correct, I saw the same letter. I believe Winchester released a letter stating the same projected price increases at about the same time. Before the COVID-19/Minneapolis riots scare, ammunition and reloading component prices were expected to experience a 10%-15% price increase.

Yesterday I saw pallets of ammunition at a local gun shop. Federal 9mm 124g FMJ was priced at $29.99 per box. In late 2019 the same shop was charging $14.99 per box. The buzz is that once the hoarders stop overrunning the shop, we can
    expect the price to drop to around or just below $20 per box.

That’s the thing I do not see an ammo shortage. Maybe 10 months ago but not now. Most of the gun shops that I have visited in the last month have plenty of ammo in stock, same with ammoseek. But I’m not paying $1 a round for 556. I have been able to buy 9mm for $20 a box last week. Last time I looked 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 have come down in price. So maybe if everyone quits buying ammo for a week or two the prices will start to drop.

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pikey View Post
    That’s the thing I do not see an ammo shortage. Maybe 10 months ago but not now. Most of the gun shops that I have visited in the last month have plenty of ammo in stock, same with ammoseek. But I’m not paying $1 a round for 556. I have been able to buy 9mm for $20 a box last week. Last time I looked 7.62x39 and 5.45x39 have come down in price. So maybe if everyone quits buying ammo for a week or two the prices will start to drop.
    I’ve noticed more ammo in stock online. But it’s like 75-80cents for 5.56, similar price for 9mm. 6.5cm is like $2.50 a round which is insane.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    6.5 grendel is $2.41 a round a little over a year ago it was $0.25 a round, for Wolf steel case. A local gun shop had two pallets of .556 sitting just inside the entrance, 700 round cases for $699. Although I have found deals at lgs from time to time. It’s like plywood it’s hard to see the shortage. Every time I check ammoseek the prices seem to be a little lower so maybe we are on the tail end of this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12