Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 as a range gun, bedside gun, fun suppressor host in 2021?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    HK is the gold standard in durability and reliability for me. I own several. I went HK 45 but the USP is great. I was eyeballing a USP Expert in my LGS today. They had both 9/45. So tempting.

Buy with confidence.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiffums View Post
    If you can find the parts an LEM in a USP 45 is the cat's meow!
    Has anyone put the gray guns reset kit in theirs? I can hardly tell the difference on the USP but can definitely tell on a p30 or p2000.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I have a short reset kit in my HK45 and it is very nice.
    A buddy put it in, not sure it's a grey guns kit though.
    PB

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    HK is the gold standard in durability and reliability for me. I own several. I went HK 45 but the USP is great. I was eyeballing a USP Expert in my LGS today. They had both 9/45. So tempting.

Buy with confidence.

PB
    Thanks Pappabear,

I'm trying to hunt one down now.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Good luck Foxtrot. Keep us posted on your journey.

PB

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    If I were going to pick a handgun for the zombie apocalypse, I'd choose a 9mm Glock - because parts are everywhere and they're very easy to work on.

If I were going to Mars or the Moon or Antarctica, places where replacement parts don't exist and extreme environmental conditions may even prevent the mighty Glock from functioning reliably... I'm taking a USP.

As far as parts and continuing support, given that the USP is H&K's most successful military pistol and the commonality it shares with the HK45 and P30 pistol families, I wouldn't be too concerned about parts becoming unobtainable any time soon.

The only serious disadvantage to the USP in 2021 is the proprietary rail on the dustcover, making mounting weapon lights a bit of a chore. I believe that GG&G still has an adapter available for the USP to allow you to mount an X300U or any other pistol weapon light that mounts to a Picatinny or Weaver/Glock-type rail, but it is a rather inelegant solution. I wish H&K would modify the molds for the frames to have a Picatinny rail on them, but... eh. Maybe if the Bundeswehr (or some other sizeable USP customer) decides they want WMLs on their pistols and don't want to get away from the P8/USP, H&K will do it.

Quote Originally Posted by foxtrotx1 View Post
    Wish the 9mm used metal mags. Seems like they wasted some room in the magwell with polymer. Was that a German army requirement?
    I don't know that it was a Bunddeswehr requirement, but at the same time H&K was developing the G36. And Vickers ETMs have one witness hole because fewer witness holes mean fewer opportunities for crud to get into the magazine. And you know what doesn't need witness holes? A translucent polymer magazine, like the magazine used by the G36. And the magazine used by P8s, Bundeswehr-issue USPs.

Combined with injection-molded polymer being lightweight and inexpensive, I'd guess that these are all reasons why the USP9 uses polymer magazines.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MountainRaven View Post
    If I were going to pick a handgun for the zombie apocalypse, I'd choose a 9mm Glock - because parts are everywhere and they're very easy to work on.
    Are HK pistols considered hard to work on?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by aFella View Post
    Are HK pistols considered hard to work on?
    I don't think so. Not as easy as a glock, but I've detail stripped several. No problem. VP9 is a different story.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    USP 45 is probably the last 45 I would ever part with

Feedback Score
    Anyone have a USP 45 and an HK45? Like the USP better? I've been thinking about trying to pick up on of the tan HK45s that are on gb.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast