Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 as a range gun, bedside gun, fun suppressor host in 2021?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I like the grip better on the HK45. Both are excellent guns and you can't go wrong, but HK45 is the "more updated" and meant to replace the MK23 beast to win contracts with MIL. More updated doesn't mean better but offers all the panels to fit a wide range of hands bla bla bla which helps wins contracts.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 04-09-21 at 12:26.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I had an HK45 ten years ago. Still have my USP. Dont have HK45. Aside from the pic rail, it doesn’t really do much. I would say if you had to have one, get the Compact Tactical and the 10 round mags for it.

I carried a Glock 21 for over a decade until I grew up. Of the models, the Gen 4 made more sense. I have toyed with getting another USP solely for an LEM trigger variant.

9mm is the best 80% solution as far as handgunnery goes. I will argue that super close that a bullet with more weight has merit. At least in the confines of the LE world.

That’s just my thoughts on it. I don’t use a 45 as a duty gun anymore. Not even really to hunt. I just keep them because I really like shooting 45

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yes because everybody should have two 45's. One 1911 and another of your choosing. HK, FN Glock....take your pic. But 45 still has amazing appeal.
    Your HK will be a great add.

You pull that trigger and you think, hell yes.

PB

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

HK USP 45 as a range gun, bedside gun, fun suppressor host in 2021?

This thread made me dig through my gun safe to find the HK45c I forgot I had. I traded straight up a perfect condition Springfield TRP 1911 for it because I had to have an HK. And, yes, looking back that was by far one of the worst and dummest gun/trades and transactions I made over the years - still regretful of that one. The milk was spilled...

While I like the HK in terms of ergonomics, it’s been so long since I shot it I don’t remember how it shoots. Just dry firing, I remember how much the standard double action trigger sucks. I’ll go shoot it today to refresh my memory.

ETA: I was so downtrodden from the poor decision to get rid of the TRP I over compensated and ordered and bought two custom Wilson Combat CQB 1911s, a full size and compact, that I absolutely love, but I never shoot because they are too nice... lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by arptsprt; 04-11-21 at 08:31.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Can a standard USP be converted into a Tactical by swapping the barrels and adding the o-ring? I found a standard USP45 for a reasonable price locally but I’ve always wanted a Tactical.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Can a standard USP be converted into a Tactical by swapping the barrels and adding the o-ring? I found a standard USP45 for a reasonable price locally but I’ve always wanted a Tactical.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Yes because everybody should have two 45's. One 1911 and another of your choosing. HK, FN Glock....take your pic. But 45 still has amazing appeal.
    Your HK will be a great add.

You pull that trigger and you think, hell yes.

PB
    +1. I’ve got several .45’s (1911’s, Glocks, and a couple HK Mark 23’s) but my USP45 w/ light is my nightstand gun.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    The USP series is one of the most durable pistol designs in history. The main down side to the series is the ability to shoot them well under stress in force on force training. It can be done but requires a significant amount of training compared to modern striker fired pistols. I believe this is partially due to the trigger design. Also, experienced shooters will notice the relatively slow cyclic rate of the slide, this is a pistol were a good shooter can out run the trigger. The Johnson City Tennessee PD used USP 45s for years before making the switch to Glock 21s. In speaking with some of their officers the majority agreed the Glocks are easier to qualify with. I’m a fan of the design and history of the series, but it would not be my personal choice for a duty/fighting pistol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    The tactical also has a match trigger kit installed with the trigger stop. Functionally, just swapping the threaded barrel in will work, but a tactical is slightly better as HK does a little polishing when installing the match trigger kit. I've read there is a recess for the oring to mate up with in the tactical slide also, but I've never examined one to check.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndustrialHalo View Post
    I've read there is a recess for the oring to mate up with in the tactical slide also, but I've never examined one to check.
    That’s the part that I’m curious of. And is what is making me hesitate.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast