Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: HK USP 45 as a range gun, bedside gun, fun suppressor host in 2021?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    USP 45 is probably the last 45 I would ever part with
    I’ve got a Wilson Combat BCM edition 1911 that will never leave my stable, but my HK USP 45 Tactical is a very close second, and it gets more carry time and more use. The Tactical really is a special piece...
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Was playing with mine this weekend... https://youtu.be/TD9ZYsEcDE4
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Deleted
    Last edited by TomBowie; 03-05-22 at 17:29.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I was eyeballing a USP Expert in my LGS today.
    This is the one I've always wanted
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I traded a P226 for a HK45CT LEM for grins. I had about 1000 rounds of 45ACP and nothing to shoot the ammo.

Comparing a USP 9T vs the HK45CT:
    - The USP can be made into a Hybrid Match LEM, which is an amazing trigger system. The standard Match DA/SA is ok too. From a "stock" parts standpoint, I am not sure you can do anything with a HK45C or CT
    - The HK45CT comes with much better sights IMHO. Its a plain U notch rear, adjustable, and tritium front.
    - USP 9T Meprolight sights I hated. They felt like target sights to me, but they are adjustable
    - I didn't quite like the grip on the USP. The first pistol I ever bought was a 1991 G20. I didn't know at the time it was a big grip and shot it fine, ignorance is bliss. Fast forward and I don't like the USP. HK45C grip is nice since its a weird 1.5 stack magazine.
    - The big disadvantage with both are: WEAPON LIGHTS! The USP has been discussed. The HK45C can fit a few lights since the rail is short. You can buy an X300 adapter from a dude in Hong Kong...

My plan was to shoot all my 45ACP ammo and then sell the HK45CT. But I am not going to do that now. The newer HK45CT, made in the USA, come with the light LEM and mine is good. Its accurate and I suspect bomb proof. I have yet to screw on the Obsidian but that is something I need to try.

MidwayUSA had these lights on closeout for $50 and it actually fits. Its not a Surefire though. I think a conservative light choice would be the newer, smaller Streamlights, just not sure what model.
    Last edited by Rayrevolver; 05-05-21 at 07:42.

Feedback Score
    RE: lights on HK45c - you can mod the key for a TLR7/8 to fit onto your rail.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DE9_tExJWI

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_kif-02QwXA&t=535s

If you're into that sort of thing.

Feedback Score
    Range gun? Definitely.

Bedside gun? Yes.

Fun suppressor host? That, too.

However, the USP is not a better pistol than more modern offerings. I owned a 1995 BMW 540i from the late 90s until 2020—shooting a USP is a lot like driving that car. Great for what it is, does the job fine, but a new 3-series is a vastly better vehicle. When I shoot my USP9T and VP9T side by side it's abundantly clear.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    I cannot quantify this, but I have the USP 45, and have shot the Hk45. Mazda and Mercedes, Fiat and Ferrari. The HK45 shot SO much better, to me...softer recoil, better ergonomics. Just so much better.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I cannot quantify this, but I have the USP 45, and have shot the Hk45. Mazda and Mercedes, Fiat and Ferrari. The HK45 shot SO much better, to me...softer recoil, better ergonomics. Just so much better.
    Yes but was the HK45 in Rainbow 6 on the original PlayStation? No sir it was not. I rest my case!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Yes but was the HK45 in Rainbow 6 on the original PlayStation? No sir it was not. I rest my case!
    In the original Rainbow 6, the USP was a .40. If you wanted the .45 you had to equip the Mk 23.

So, it's a tie.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast