Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Will there be mechanical issues using a milspec safety with a semi auto trigger?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Will there be mechanical issues using a milspec safety with a semi auto trigger?

I have a Colt milspec (3 position) safety from a SOPMOD kit, and I'm wondering if I will be able to use it with a semi auto trigger group, or if it will cause some unforeseen mechanical issues.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    It will work but the safety will continue past the normal fire position on a semi rifle.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    It will work but the safety will continue past the normal fire position on a semi rifle.
    Right, but with a semi trigger group the third position will either be safe or semi, correct?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    Right, but with a semi trigger group the third position will either be safe or semi, correct?
    It will be safe in the third position unless you have an auto disconnector installed.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Should not be an issue.
    PB

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mysteryman View Post
    It will be safe in the third position unless you have an auto disconnector installed.
    This.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    I have a Colt milspec (3 position) safety from a SOPMOD kit, and I'm wondering if I will be able to use it with a semi auto trigger group, or if it will cause some unforeseen mechanical issues.
    I used that safety with a Geissele SSA in a Colt lower, had no issues for the few years I had it. I've since switched to Geissele safety for unrelated reasons.

Feedback Score

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    TDP spec M16 safeties have detent grooves that go to positions where there are no detent holes. Without the selector stops, the safety can rotate 360 degrees.

Not all 3rd party M16 safeties will do this, but TDP M16 safeties definitely do.
    Roger Wang
    Forward Controls Design
    Simplicity is the sign of truth

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Sounds like someone intentionally did something to make it full auto. The document said that the bursts weren't due to hammer follow. And he knew it fired in full auto, then his new friend threw him under the bus and testified to as much.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast