Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: School me up on Smart watches

Feedback Score

School me up on Smart watches

Pros v Cons of a Smart Watch

Uses: actually telling time, gym, fitness levels, GPS maps, something I can swim laps with.

Background: I have been using a Timex Compass watch, the same model for over 10 years that has recently broke, I have a nice Citizen that I will wear when meeting with clients, or in formal attire but is too heavy and impractical for daily wear. Recently I joined a new gym with classes and a personal trainer to lose the dad bod look I have been cultivating, and I want something that can help track my fitness activity, but also something I can wear outdoors on the weekends that isn't going to break or fail me while shooting, hunting and fishing.

Looking to spend around $350, but if I can get something decent for less then I would love to hear about it.
    Last edited by Hank6046; 04-07-21 at 13:27.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    I have a Garmin Instinct and have been happy with it. The only adjustment for me is that I need to charge it every couple of weeks. I now have a couple of charging cords.

Feedback Score
    I got a apple watch love it for tracking fitness and as an extension but I am a apple guy since my wife is a full time designer and me photographer we have been mac folks so it works in our eco system

The garmin are great also and have thought of that and going garmin for mtn biking

My use is mainly heart monitor and sleep tracking but its been way more handy then I thought it would be for daily life reminders my wife hs for me etc. also when the phone rings friends on my list my phone is not on me all the time its in the office so when it rings I know also the wake alarm is great

Two youtube review guys I like for gps and watches etc...
    DesFit
    DC Rainmaker

Feedback Score
    I vote Apple Watch as well. My 70+ dad has one he uses for gps on the golf course. Very user friendly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I like mine because I feel like Dick Tracy. It’s honestly the only watch I could see a person investing money in. It’s way way handy once you get it situated.

Otherwise if I need a “Dumb” watch. I stick with Casio F-91s or Casio Data Banks.

I have a couple pieces of man jewelry timepieces that I keep solely on the rare occasions that I need to wear a suit and actually attempt to impress people. However those are Seikos. A truly patrcian choice.

I can only recommend Apple. Just charge it when you charge your phone.

Feedback Score
    Got an Apple watch for the wife due to a mild heart condition. It's the cellular version which makes it convenient not having to carry her iPhone.

She used to have a Fitbit for competition among the gals at work to see who could get in the most steps each week. Being a kind and loving husband, I helped her find ways to increase her number of steps.

Last edited by ChattanoogaPhil; 04-08-21 at 08:22.

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    You are so giving.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    My Garmin was about double that price, but I’ve heard good things about the cheaper models. I love it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    I'm on my second Apple Watch, upgraded from a Series 3 to a Series 6 with cellular. I don't hike much but the maps feature is useful. I can leave my phone in my patrol car and still be able to make calls, send texts by voice, the workout tracker has been super helpful in the gym. I've worn my Series 3 and now Series 6 on patrol with no issues, I do have a rubberized cover and screen protector on it to be safe. I recharge every night so I've never tested to see how long the battery will last.

I have a nicer watch for activities outside of work that require it.
    Reads a lot, posts little.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I have the Apple Watch Series 6, and the thing is worth every penny. I rarely ever bring out my "nice watches" because I just use this one for everything. At home in the gym and the boardroom.
    "SEND IT" happens to be my trigger words...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast