Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: School me up on Smart watches

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Suunto user here, the Mrs. uses a Garmin. Mine has never had a problem and has been very durable. The Garmin has gotten the blue triangle of death and had to have been replaced. The replacement did it and it was a new model and was replaced under warranty. Suunto is more basic but more rugged and the battery life has been better than the Garmin. The higher grade Garmins are very nice and the Suunto can get pricey quick. Both have worked very well with a android system.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    I got a apple watch love it for tracking fitness and as an extension but I am a apple guy since my wife is a full time designer and me photographer we have been mac folks so it works in our eco system

The garmin are great also and have thought of that and going garmin for mtn biking

My use is mainly heart monitor and sleep tracking but its been way more handy then I thought it would be for daily life reminders my wife hs for me etc. also when the phone rings friends on my list my phone is not on me all the time its in the office so when it rings I know also the wake alarm is great

Two youtube review guys I like for gps and watches etc...
    DesFit
    DC Rainmaker
    Such a Mac person thing to say. The guy at the store even said the same thing when I upgraded from a 6 to a 12. He asked what I did with a phone and I said talk, text, listen to music in the car. I said iPhones just work without fuss for me. He said "it's your eco system"......I said no it's just I don't have to jump through Droid hoops to find an app and figure out how it works.

Feedback Score
    We have the Apple-everything 'ecosystem'. iMac, MacBook, iPads, iPhones, Apple watch, AppleTVs. It really is quite nice how everything seamlessly works together with little effort. That said, as stand alone devices they would lose a lot of their appeal, especially for the price.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Had an Apple Watch and liked it well enough. The features and function within my Apple ecosystem was great. My wife cooked her second apple watch by (assuming) leaving it on a charger for months, so I passed mine on to her. My only gripe is the inability for Apple to make the watches run more that a day without needing a charge. One more stupid cord to take with you everywhere you go. If Apple ever figures out a way to get a weekend covered i nay go back. Till then it’s Fenix 6 Pro. Runs a week without recharging.

Feedback Score
    The one thing I do not like is knowing its a dead item in X time what is that X time going to say 7 years avg even after replacing the battery apple will abandon updates and will be obsolete but we do that with computers which lucky today can be way cheaper than in the past

BUT as I said above pst and others are saying I am blown away at how handy I have found it besides tracking health
    Being back into bicycle riding again I am really wondering about getting a garmin to go with a garmin head unit and use that for just outdoors and hiking camping ? But $ rabbit hole I do not need to go down I reckon
    Part of that is the battery/charge time going camping for 5 days or forgetting to charge etc...

Sadly the eco system is a real thing today even with my car now hahahahaha
    Last edited by Honu; 04-18-21 at 14:38.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Garmin Instinct- 8 days on charge, just at half way point.

Does not have pulse ox, which does use a little bit more battery if you have automatic checks done at night. I used to do this on my vivosmart 4 band and miss that.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123