Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Leupold Delta Point Pro 6 MOA

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Leupold Delta Point Pro 6 MOA

Finally gonna pull the trigger on a red dot for my G17 and have settled on the DPP. Primarily for Duty/Carry/HD. Has anyone messed with the new 6 MOA model? I was gonna get the 2.5 but just saw the 6. I don’t have a lot of time on a pistol red dot and am curious on the opinions of a larger dot. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    My preference has always been a smaller, 2 MOA dot.

While a larger dot is arguably "quicker:, it's size makes precise shots more difficult.
    Long(er) shots, especially on partial targets, are more difficult in controlling shot placement.
    On a "games" gun, where no one actually bleeds if a "no shoot"/hostage target is hit, because your running the gun at warp 9, it's a points deduction.

In the real world that's a different story; you are responsible for, and own the liability for every round you fire.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    WTF? Again Dupe.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I tested the prototype 6 moa DP Pro for a year before it was released, and really like the six moa dot as you can leave it turned down, to help stay target focused, but still quickly find the dot.

Six moa covers 1.5 inches at 25 yards. A smaller dot obviously covers less, but people often bloom smaller dots, so they can see them easier, making them effectively larger.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GJM View Post
    I tested the prototype 6 moa DP Pro for a year before it was released, and really like the six moa dot as you can leave it turned down, to help stay target focused, but still quickly find the dot.

Six moa covers 1.5 inches at 25 yards. A smaller dot obviously covers less, but people often bloom smaller dots, so they can see them easier, making them effectively larger.
    Are you not concerned about the relative fragility of the Delta Point? If this is a duty type gun, its going to get hit, bumped, rolled on, and maybe even dropped.... Take a look at Sage Dynamics and Aaron experience with the delta point. its not only that it broke, its that it was shattered to the point of being unusable.

D
    Damien

If a large number of people are willing to kill you for saying something, then it probably really needs to be said. .

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    Are you not concerned about the relative fragility of the Delta Point? If this is a duty type gun, its going to get hit, bumped, rolled on, and maybe even dropped.... Take a look at Sage Dynamics and Aaron experience with the delta point. its not only that it broke, its that it was shattered to the point of being unusable.

D
    I've dropped mine twice in the course of 2500 or so rounds with it. Haven't broke it yet, but I'm not an SME like Aaron is. He is the best RDS expert I know, outside of Jedlinksi.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Most certainly he is the “beat them to death” RDS expert.
    I believe he favors a small Dot as well.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by norbis View Post
    Finally gonna pull the trigger on a red dot for my G17 and have settled on the DPP. Primarily for Duty/Carry/HD. Has anyone messed with the new 6 MOA model? I was gonna get the 2.5 but just saw the 6. I don’t have a lot of time on a pistol red dot and am curious on the opinions of a larger dot. Thanks!
    What red dots does your department authorize for use on a duty handgun?

The above might sound like a stupid question, but its one that I see guys fail to think about on a regular basis. I was teaching an initial rifle course for my department and officers were supposed to bring all the equipment they wanted to mount on the ARs. Half or more of the guys brought along airsoft stuff because they didn't want to spend much money and didn't see much difference in pictures.

I'm not saying you want airsoft, but I am saying that departments have policies in place for good reasons sometimes.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by norbis View Post
    What red dots does your department authorize for use on a duty handgun?

The above might sound like a stupid question, but its one that I see guys fail to think about on a regular basis. I was teaching an initial rifle course for my department and officers were supposed to bring all the equipment they wanted to mount on the ARs. Half or more of the guys brought along airsoft stuff because they didn't want to spend much money and didn't see much difference in pictures.

I'm not saying you want airsoft, but I am saying that departments have policies in place for good reasons sometimes.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    How many rounds are you hoping to get out of it before it breaks?
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast