Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Leupold Delta Point Pro 6 MOA

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by KTR03 View Post
    Are you not concerned about the relative fragility of the Delta Point? If this is a duty type gun, its going to get hit, bumped, rolled on, and maybe even dropped.... Take a look at Sage Dynamics and Aaron experience with the delta point. its not only that it broke, its that it was shattered to the point of being unusable.

D
    Not sure why you are quoting me on DP Pro durability, as I was discussing dot size. My wife and I broke 31 DP Pros at last count, and worked with Leupold to understand why, and test the fixes they made.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Replying to multiple responses... I like the large window of the DPP especially with NVGs or a Gas Mask. I can use whatever I want at work (Army SF) as long as it isn’t junk. I know the DPPs have some fragility issues however; after all the testing and samples put through hard use; Range 37 selected the DPP for SFARTAETC. Which is a perfect test bed for actual training use and vetted by real world experience across SOCOM.
    Last edited by norbis; 04-09-21 at 12:19.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I am not GJM by any means but I have messed with large-ish and small-ish dots from Trijicon and the dot and triangle from Leupold. Currently playing around with a couple Holosun offerings.

I think dot size and shape is really somewhat irrelevant. If the shooter's presentation is good and he's looking through the window the dot will be there. If anything in the presentation is wrong the dot won't be there. An over simplification? Maybe but that's been my experience.

The window size does make a difference even if dot size may not. The larger window allows for a bit more "slop" when looking for the dot and target. But again, if the presentation is good the dot will be there.

Something the DPP has that some other optics don't is good clarity. Some other brands have a bit of distortion that can be somewhat distracting.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
    “The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12