Thread: Medical supply stores that take FSA?

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)

Medical supply stores that take FSA?

I know Rescue Essentials takes FSA, I just bought a 5.11 backpack, some TQ's and other trama items as well as a couple flashlights using my FSA card, no issues. I see on my FSA account they billed all of it as "medical supplies".

I have some more FSA to burn up and I'd love to see who else does that other than R-E and the fsastore.com.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I've just spent on the debit card & kept receipts as to what I purchased. Fidelity ( HSA Admin ) never asked for anything.
    Al

Feedback Score
    7 (89%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    I've just spent on the debit card & kept receipts as to what I purchased. Fidelity ( HSA Admin ) never asked for anything.
    Al
    I guess I wasn't clear enough in what I was asking.

The 5.11 backpack and Fenix flashlights I've already bought would NOT be FSA covered expenses, they would be rejected if I had submitted the receipts myself. Hell, my FSA company rejected a legit doctors appointment test, I had to call them and argue.

R-E billed the whole order in such a way that all my FSA company saw was that it was "medical supplies".

I found another medical supply shop that sells similar gear to R-E, I added a couple chest seals, another TQ and a flashlight to my card, submitted, or tried to submit my order and it was rejected. I removed the flashlight so the only things left in the order were a TQ and two chest seals and the order went through. Tried the flashlight on its own, rejected.

I have about $1400 left to burn up or I'm going to lose it, I was hoping to find another shop like Rescue Essentials that just bills the whole order as "medical".

R-E had Team Wendy helmets in-stock at one point, I was actually thinking about getting one for a NODs setup but I see they no longer have them.
    Last edited by Roadblock; 04-08-21 at 10:00.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    So your admin clearly has a giant stick up their ass, and this is why I detest FSA accounts. I'd hop on the phone with Rescue Essentials & see how they feel about creative billing or back orders for medical adjacent equipment that the gorgon eye won't object to.

Al

Feedback Score
    Is the FSA the same as an HSA? Just curious. I pay for prescriptions using my HSA debit card. Sounds like I may be able to buy medical supplies with it as well. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Duce,
    Generally the rules are similar ( https://www.irs.gov/publications/p969 ) as to what you can purchase with them, however FSA's are a use it or lose it model, HSA's allow you to save, roll over, and invest money contributed to them.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Allen View Post
    Duce,
    Generally the rules are similar ( https://www.irs.gov/publications/p969 ) as to what you can purchase with them, however FSA's are a use it or lose it model, HSA's allow you to save, roll over, and invest money contributed to them.
    Great, thanks. Nothing wrong with having a little extra around.