Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Time to call your senators & reps, prep your Federal Register comments

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by glocktogo View Post
    Imagine Republicans nominating a NRA expert to be BATFE Director. Think the Dems would cry foul?
    IMAGINE SlowJoe, nominating a NON-'tard, to ANY position?!
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    Do they care what YOU say, hell no. The arrogant SOBs think THEY know it all.

But their staff does track comms. If they see enough response, they'll get nervous. Obama wanted huge gun control moves, but a nervous congress told him to stick it, even though they wanted the same things. Never forget, what they want more than anything else is to keep their cushy, cash cow, jobs.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    What if you two senators are communists?
    You mean like the the scumbags from CT Blumenthal & Murphy

Past the second cattle guard, at the end of the gravel road
    Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Thanks for the heads up. I contacted Tx Senator John Cornyn, he’s been wishy washy on further restrictions.

No worries about Senator Cruz.
    "Jill, if there's ever a problem, just walk out on the balcony ... take that double-barrel shotgun and fire two blasts outside the house,.." VP Joe Biden Feb 19, 2013

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Even IF your Senators are hardcore communists; you STILL need to be heard

Feedback Score
    Military background means zippo. Sadly the one thing it means is they understand the severity of their actions when they violate their oath to the constitution.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Don't want to start a new thread, but sometimes calling our Reps and whatnot is meaningless when they are &^#%ing morons...

https://www.zerohedge.com/political/...ckaging-bb-gun

A California lawmaker demonstrated why liberals are totally unqualified to opine on the 2nd Amendment, much craft legislation restricting citizens' rights.

In a now-deleted tweet, California Assemblyman David Chiu dramatically posted: "Finding the discarded packaging of a semi-automatic on a leisurely weekend walk was disturbing, particularly during this month's surge of gun violence in San Francisco."

Except... if David had maybe looked at the packaging, he would have noticed it's for a .177 caliber C02 powered BB gun.
    The "Glock" in question?

Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Calling your Representative is about as useful as &%$#ing into a hurricane. Save your dimes and buy ammo instead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HKGuns View Post
    Calling your Representative is about as useful as &%$#ing into a hurricane. Save your dimes and buy ammo instead.
    You’re not wrong

Feedback Score
    I got a reply from Duckworth on Friday. Typical form letter. This is what it said. I responded below as well but I doubt she even reads any of these. I tried calling but obviously had to leave a message and no call back for months now.

“Dear Neighbor,

Thank you for contacting me to share your views on gun ownership. I appreciate you taking the time to make me aware of your concerns on this important matter.

According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, thousands of Americans lose their lives annually from incidents involving firearms. Too many of our friends and family members fall victim to gun violence and it is time for commonsense legislation that prevents gun deaths. As a combat Veteran who grew up in a family of marksmen, I believe our Nation can do more to keep guns out of the hands of dangerous criminals, while protecting Second Amendment rights.

Part of honoring those rights requires our Nation to establish reasonable rules that enable responsible owners to purchase firearms legally, while keeping firearms away from dangerous individuals. We must keep firearms out of the hands of those who have a prior criminal record or mental health issue by completing rigorous background checks for every gun purchase, enhancing licensing and registration requirements and improving the National Instant Criminal Background Check System (NICS).

Our own streets should not be more deadly than war zones. We cannot continue to stand by and abdicate our responsibilities to the very communities that depend on us. Congress can act, as it has in the past, to protect our communities from gun violence. For example, last Congress I joined Republican Senator Pat Toomey of Pennsylvania to help introduce the NICS Denial Notification Act. Our bipartisan bill would require Federal officials to notify local law enforcement within 24 hours when individuals who are prohibited from buying firearms attempt to purchase one. Please be assured that I will continue to work in the United States Senate to make sure that we are doing everything in our power to keep our neighborhoods are safe from gun violence.

Thank you again for contacting me on this important issue. If you would like more information on my work in the Senate, please visit my website at www.duckworth.senate.gov. You can access my voting record and see what I am doing to address today’s most important issues. I hope that you will continue to share your views and opinions with me and let me know whenever I may be of assistance to you.

Sincerely, Tammy Duckworth”

And my reply, which sorry if I wasn’t 100% correct:
    “With all due respect Ms. Duckworth, historically speaking registration leads to further infringement on rights. Nazi Germany knew where to find Jews that had firearms because of their requirement to register. Pol Pot was able to commit Genocide because the French had required registration then confiscated weapons from Cambodians leaving them defenseless. I could continue by referencing Mao, Stalin, or even back to the Roman Empire. History shows, criminals don’t care about laws, if they did, we would not have crime. All these actions that President Biden and many gun control advocates are striving for are only going to make it difficult for law abiding citizens to lawfully own and use firearms. Look at Chicago crime. Additionally, if you are truly concerned about thousands of Americans killed by firearms, that figure includes suicide. Those individuals likely would succeed regardless of whether it was a firearm, pills, or even a vehicle. Please, consider the second amendment sacred.

Let’s take a look at real killers of Americans. Obesity and associated health issues, we have a chance to change our children’s future by advocating for proper nutrition and physical education in our schools, teaching our kids to look at morals and understand that life isn’t easy, you have to work hard at it to be successful. When we start with this, we will make our children healthier, harder workers, and more mentally prepared to make a positive difference in our country.

Nick”

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast