Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: All steel .44 special snub?

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I didnt realize the Charter Bulldog is a steel frame. There is alluminum around the steel barrel. (Alluminum barrel shroud / lug)
    I don't think they make an aluminum framed .44spl, .38 they do.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Like someone said.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/model-69?sku=10064

It's about 2.4 ounces heavier than my K frame 3" M13.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Like someone said.

https://www.smith-wesson.com/product/model-69?sku=10064

It's about 2.4 ounces heavier than my K frame 3" M13.
    I'm sure its nice but I already have a heavy .44 I was looking for something smaller.

I recently got to fire an old Charter. 44 Pug. It was definatly used and had the wood grip. My cowboy loads were not hard on the hand at all. Unfortunately something was wrong with the DA and it wouldn't always fire.

The owner called who he got it from and will be able to return it.

There was as also a Charter alloy 9mm revolver I got to fire. Less recoil than expected, felt like .38. (WW 115 gr fmj) Gun worked fine but trigger was poor and it's slower to reload than a regular revolver. (Uses unique extractor system)
    Last edited by Ron3; 04-13-21 at 15:40.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    About your only options then are the Bulldog at 21 oz or maybe a used Taurus titanium 445 at 19.8 oz.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you want steel and the M69/GP100 are too big, then you're pretty much limited to a Charter Arms Bulldog. You could step up to a Scandium 329PD which is super light, but you're talking about a physically larger gun with the N frame

Feedback Score
    I'll pass on the Charter.

If I wasnt going to shoot it much I'd get one. They arent designed to last many rounds. I'd probably fire 500 rds a year at least.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    I had an old gunsmith friend and he customized a carried a Rossi for many years. I see them on Gunbroker on occasion.

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/896022163
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    Thanks.

Probably going to pass on the small .44 because there isn't anything between lightweight cheap guns that wont last and @38 oz (loaded) quality guns.

Except maybe that alloy L frame S&W made awhile back that are collector status now.

If the Charter was $350 new I might roll the dice on it but they are over $500 currently and I KNOW it's going to give me problems immediately or later.

I'd rather pop large pistol primers with a 10 mm Glock 29. (I just cant get away from Glocks much as I try) So I've got eyes peeled for a Glock 29 gen 4. (33 oz loaded)

Would be a nice, fat slide to mount an rds on, too.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    Thanks.

Probably going to pass on the small .44 because there isn't anything between lightweight cheap guns that wont last and @38 oz (loaded) quality guns.

Except maybe that alloy L frame S&W made awhile back that are collector status now.

If the Charter was $350 new I might roll the dice on it but they are over $500 currently and I KNOW it's going to give me problems immediately or later.

I'd rather pop large pistol primers with a 10 mm Glock 29. (I just cant get away from Glocks much as I try) So I've got eyes peeled for a Glock 29 gen 4. (33 oz loaded)

Would be a nice, fat slide to mount an rds on, too.
    You could also do a 460 Rowland conversion for a G21

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Forgot to mention the Smith 696 L frame .44 special. 36 oz. No longer made, but, maybe a used one. Beautiful piece. Probably too large and heavy though.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast