Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: The True Story of the Queen Isabella Causeway Collapse

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    If I can find an hour to set aside I'll try. One thing I always hated about Florida were the flyover bridges that were three stories in the air, always made me uncomfortable. Of course the worst bridge stories I ever heard were the collapses associated with the 1989 San Francisco earthquake. One more reason I wouldn't live there if it was free.
    The 1989 Loma Prieta earhtquake's epicenter was just north of Santa Cruz, I was in Santa Rosa, CA when that took place. I remember saying, "Where ever that one hit, there's going to be big damage". The Oakland and Interstate 880/Cypress Viaduct was totally wasted. San Francisco–Oakland Bay Bridge got hit hard too, a section collasped and replaced. It got replaced years later no thanks to the substandard Chi-Com contractor.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    The one Im waiting on, is Bridgette Goza, hope I spelled that right. She survived, and actually dove back down in that black, very fast water to retrieve her purse. From what Ive gathered she doesnt want to talk about it, it has affected her very much. They are interviewing another survivor this week...looking forward to that.
    Yes..its WAY past just about a collapsed bridge.
    Robert said she would freak out so bad every time they went back under the causeway they had to keep her from jumping out of the boat...I also want to hear about the one fisherman he said detached himself from the situation & was basically not involved physically with the search / rescue. Amazing how everyone handles extreme situations in different manners.
    "You cannot invade the mainland United States. There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."
    Japanese Admiral Yamamoto, 1941

"A wise man's heart directs him toward the right, but a foolish man's heart directs him toward the left."
    Ecclesiastes 10:2:

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123