Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Biden naming panel to study court reform, such as adding justices or term limits.

Feedback Score

Biden naming panel to study court reform, such as adding justices or term limits.

https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/bi...09/id/1016993/

I see that they are going to keep pushing.

President Joe Biden on Friday named a panel to study reforms to the U.S. Supreme Court, such as adding justices or instituting term limits, fulfilling a campaign vow as progressives push to add more liberals to the conservative-leaning court.
    Whiskey

May have been the losing side. Still not convinced it was the wrong one

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Whiskey_Bravo View Post
    https://www.newsmax.com/newsfront/bi...09/id/1016993/

I see that they are going to keep pushing.

Gee, I wonder whatever will they decide to do?

The Rule of Law is in it's Death Throes. Depend on it at your peril.
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    All in the name of unity.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    If Trump tried this they would have stormed the White House and the Capital.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    That’s really unconstitutional.

I mean if laws don’t mean anything then laws don’t mean anything

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Guess which nine justices would get to decide if any "reform" is constitutional! Shades of Marbury v. Madison.

-
    -
    -
    -

We're in one of those awkward times in history when the collapse is obvious, but the momentum of past practice keeps most people from saying anything about it.

Feedback Score
    How big of a donation do I have to make to get me a SCOTUS seat? What if I just get Hunter a hooker and some blow?
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    How big of a donation do I have to make to get me a SCOTUS seat? What if I just get Hunter a hooker and some blow?
    I doubt you have enough money. He was getting paid $1M a year to do absolutely nothing with his gas company "board seat."

Also, I seem to remember Sleepy Joe mumbling something about how all future SCT nominees would be non-white women, or something like that.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Punch Drunk Joe just released the results of the "study": the SC will be much more fair, efficient and diverse if he adds 7 more anti-American, communist judges.
    Philippians 2:10-11

To argue with a person who renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead. ~ Thomas Paine

“The greatest conspiracy theory is the notion that your government cares about you”- unknown.

Feedback Score
    What is the right way to phrase it? The left has been on a “democracy” kick since Trump. Obviously since they feel that the numbers and demographics are in their favor- and they are willing to corrupt that through immigration if it needs a kick..

The other side is what? The Republic or The Constitution ? Is it “Rights”? The idea that 50%+1 isn’t the final arbiter of what is just?

Democracy versus Rights? The Adams versus Jefferson fight of Populism versus perfection? Of people vs the powerful? To put it two different ways.

That the Dems could almost lose the House, tie the Senate, win the POTUS only with the help of the media elite- and the fundamentally change the US with partisan votes and parliamentary perversions—- and then solidify that advantage through perverting the positions of power....

The corrupt mob is coming...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast