Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Jeeps, 4WD, and trannies

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Jeeps, 4WD, and trannies

Yeah I wanna know more and don’t give two figs about Proud Boys.

Shower me with knowledge and help me pick another Flymobile that isn’t too crazy expensive for SR-25 and SP1 Outdoor Adventures.

Also sound system discussion is welcome because I gotta have my high tech sound

VROOM VROOM
    Wake the f*ck up, Samurai

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What kind of off-road are you looking to do?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Well, you didn’t really give enough info to accurately answer, however my initial recommendation is to stay away from anything Jeep.

If you elaborate on what type of off-roading you intend to do, if this will be dual purpose everyday driver as well, budget, etc we could help you out better.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Flatfenders are too cool, but limited to secondary roads, most people here in western S.Dakota have gravitated to side by side UTV type vehicles
    for hunting and trail riding, and we have thousands of miles of trails.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Well, you didn’t really give enough info to accurately answer, however my initial recommendation is to stay away from anything Jeep.

If you elaborate on what type of off-roading you intend to do, if this will be dual purpose everyday driver as well, budget, etc we could help you out better.
    Going to shooting land and or mountains. Nothing crazy like mud bogging. Won’t be a daily driver. Would like an open air vehicle. It will be a toy so $5kish.

My DREAM vehicle would be like this but for tall people.

Feedback Score
    5K? That is not going to get you anything that you will want to drive or likely be able to drive without it taking a dump on you.

You could try to find a military surplus Cucv or HUMVEE either through auction or seller such as....

https://www.smartmotorguide.com/cars...hevrolet-m1008

About 25 years ago, you could show up at the Naval Air Base in Duluth MN for a surplus auction and walk away with 4 Cucv M1008's for $2,000. Those days are long gone.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Jeeps, 4WD, and trannies

For $5k, look for an old Tacoma or tundra off-road with probably 200,000 miles on it. Replace the timing belt and water pump and enjoy it for another 100,000. Or look for an old XJ and rebuild the engine.
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 04-09-21 at 18:12.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    I have a good friend who is a big Jeep freak (anything AMC really) but lately it has been all about his Can-Am off roading.

https://can-am.brp.com/off-road/us/en/
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    For $5k, look for an old Tacoma or tundra off-road with probably 200,000 miles on it. Replace the timing belt and water pump and enjoy it for another 100,000. Or look for an old XJ and rebuild the engine.
    Tacoma's and Tundra's are nice, but no way that you are going to find either for less than $9-10,000 with 200,000 miles. Unless it is a base model 2 wheel drive. Even 20 year old Tacoma's in MN will garner north of $12,000.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Jeeps, 4WD, and trannies

Quote Originally Posted by Red*Lion View Post
    Tacoma's and Tundra's are nice, but no way that you are going to find either for less than $9-10,000 with 200,000 miles. Unless it is a base model 2 wheel drive. Even 20 year old Tacoma's in MN will garner north of $12,000.
    I was being optimistic
    I just looked on KBB. They price a 2005 Tundra off-road access cab with 200,000 miles at between $5-8k. Now finding such a vehicle, may be a different story...
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 04-09-21 at 18:29.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast