Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Favorite large pistol primer caliber / gun?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3 View Post
    I have .45 acp ammo but its S&B and I read reports of them having very tight or shallow primer pockets making the less desirable to reload.

Family member has 10mm but its alluminum case.

I have .44 Russian and .44 Special ammo / cases.

.50 AE...now there is cartridge to save money reloading. (Even more than .44's and .45 Colt)
    The S&B 45's often have very little lead-in to the primer pocket. This can challenge how well aligned your primer seating equipment may be; probably the reason for complaints. I don't think the pockets are shallow and I've reloaded thousands of S&B 45 acp brass. It does help to put a very slight chamfer or radius on the lip of the primer pocket. I have a decrimping swager that does the job nicely.
    CCI brass has similar construction and gets the same treatment.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildcat View Post
    The S&B 45's often have very little lead-in to the primer pocket. This can challenge how well aligned your primer seating equipment may be; probably the reason for complaints. I don't think the pockets are shallow and I've reloaded thousands of S&B 45 acp brass. It does help to put a very slight chamfer or radius on the lip of the primer pocket. I have a decrimping swager that does the job nicely.
    CCI brass has similar construction and gets the same treatment.
    Thanks!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12