Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for soldiers about vaccination

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Question for soldiers about vaccination

I read that 40 percent of Marines won't agree to be vaccinated for Covid? I thought soldiers wouldn't be given a choice. Anybody know what's going on?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    I’m a DoD civilian, the sailors I work with are given the option to get the vaccine but it hasn’t been required. Unless something has changed.

While I was in the Army, we were forced to get whatever vaccine was mandated. So I’m sure once the DoD requires the shot, they’ll all get it.
    It is from the construction of underground FEMA camps. I can't say more because there a guy parked in front of house in an AMC Pacer. He is acting like he talking on the phone, but I know better.

I have to sign off now & put my laptop in the microwave.
    - cqbdriver

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Its an experimental vaccine and voluntary consent is required to administer it. That is one of the conditions that the FDA placed when they granted emergency approval.

Andy

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    Its an experimental vaccine and voluntary consent is required to administer it. That is one of the conditions that the FDA placed when they granted emergency approval.

Andy
    You might be right. I work for the VA and have not been told that I need to get the vaccine. It is being strongly encouraged, but it has not been mandated yet, like the flu shot.

Feedback Score
    Marines are young. 70% of enlisted marines are 24 and younger. They should be more concerned with the clap than Covid. Civilians that age haven't even been eligible for the Covid vaccine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Marines are young. 70% of enlisted marines are 24 and younger. They should be more concerned with the clap than Covid. Civilians that age haven't even been eligible for the Covid vaccine.
    All veterans of any age can get the covid vaccine through the VA.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    It’s not fully approved through the FDA, and is therefore not mandatory to military personnel.

Yet.

However, I’ve seen significant pressure from the CoC to get the shot. They can’t technically make anyone, but certain OCONUS opportunities require it, so it’s one of those things you have to deal with if you want to go somewhere.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Also, Marines aren’t Soldiers, they’re Marines.

Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wake27 View Post
    Also, Marines aren’t Soldiers, they’re Marines.

Yes, thank God for that.

Feedback Score
    Not sure if that's a dig at Marines or not.... all the crayon eating may have had a negative impact on my cognitive abilities.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast