Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Question for soldiers about vaccination

Feedback Score
    88 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Not sure if that's a dig at Marines or not.... all the crayon eating may have had a negative impact on my cognitive abilities.
    It was actually for you guys, I feel like Marines get offended when they're referred to as soldiers haha.
    Sic semper tyrannis.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Coal Dragger View Post
    Not sure if that's a dig at Marines or not.... all the crayon eating may have had a negative impact on my cognitive abilities.
    That's okay, it's not your fault.

11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Just become good friends with your Corpsman. Shot goes down the drain just like they with swine flu and bird flu, not speaking from experience or anything

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    Just become good friends with your Corpsman. Shot goes down the drain just like they with swine flu and bird flu, not speaking from experience or anything
    Can confirm. If you're going to be best friends with anyone in a line platoon it should be the medic or your company's mechanics.

Feedback Score
    I'm really surprised they are given a choice. I don't remember EVER, being asked. Hell, sometimes I didn't even know what I was getting.

I also don't recall a time when it was just our Docs. Usually got stung by other HMs. I think once a HM becomes a Corpsman he gets put on the naughty list as far as other Navy medicos are concerned. Like us jarheads corrupt them or something.

But yeah, ALWAYS take care of Doc!!!
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I'm currently working at a vaccination site, a combination of army and air national guard, active duty army, fema, and state office of emergency services. I don't know the numbers for the other agencies, but for the guard, roughly 45% of us have declined the shot (that number is likely higher as some have the card saying they were given the shot, but didn't actually get it )
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    Can confirm. If you're going to be best friends with anyone in a line platoon it should be the medic or your company's mechanics.
    Add your armorers to that list. Otherwise you will NEVER get your weapons turned back in.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    We were told to "follow the science" during the run up to the elections.

The British Office of National Statistics says this about Covid risk "the risk of death to someone in their 20s is around 0.002%."

Now Biden is being asked to force service members to take the vaccine - ""Requiring DOD to obtain informed consent prior to vaccination is not only harmful to our national security, but contrary to the best interests of service members, their families, communities and colleagues."

The current administration (i.e. the democratic party) said they would not trust a vaccine developed under a Trump presidency but are now considering forcing a group of people who are not particularly threatened by Covid to be vaccinated.

Follow the science...

https://news.sky.com/story/does-the-...eople-12268407

https://www.upi.com/Defense-News/202...5691616717083/
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-13-21 at 07:30.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CRAMBONE View Post
    <---former HM (8404, 8427, 8401). I never, ever did that. That is NJP material. But I did know it was done. But me, I did 'lose' a few charts for A-hole NCOs and have to give them a full series of shots, again. Or blood draws. Or whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by Leonidas24 View Post
    We were doc, counselor, social worker, and had to 'feel' the platoon for the PS and PC. Always a tension between us and the PS/PC because we were often the go/no-go factor for Marines.

Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I'm really surprised they are given a choice. I don't remember EVER, being asked. Hell, sometimes I didn't even know what I was getting.

I also don't recall a time when it was just our Docs. Usually got stung by other HMs. I think once a HM becomes a Corpsman he gets put on the naughty list as far as other Navy medicos are concerned. Like us jarheads corrupt them or something.

But yeah, ALWAYS take care of Doc!!!
    Blue side never knew what, exactly, to do with greenside medical folks (HMs or officers). So, they stayed at an arm's length. But I did a lot of the vax for our platoon/company/battalion, unless it was a massive roll-out for a regiment or higher, then yeah, it was all hands on deck, and no one knew who was shooting who.

I took care of my Marines; they took care of me.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Shit. I'd be PISSED if I was in the Mil and forced to put that fukkin poison in my body.

It's good to see that nearly half appear to be thinking logically.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast