Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Question for soldiers about vaccination

Feedback Score
    9 (91%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Corse View Post
    I don’t believe the anthrax or smallpox are under any emergency approval and have been around for quite a while.

Also, the anthrax vaccination stopped for a few years after some people made some noise and the .mil had to figure out some legalities.
    1990 they were experimental for use and under emergency orders for wartime use.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by just a scout View Post
    2ACR got all three in DS. It wasn’t voluntary. The PB tablets were command enforced because of the threat we faced.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    There has been a metric crap-ton of issues with the botulinum vaccine. As I recall it was never even on the table for us.

The PB pills, yeah, we were told to take them. My company leadership pulled the corpsmen together along with the MO and asked what we thought. We said 'no.' We didn't advertise it though.

Feedback Score
    So anthrax was the one that had a schedule kinda like rabies shots right? If you didn't get them all, you had to start over.

I honestly can't remember what all I got back then. Just that I felt like a dartboard in an Irish pub.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    So anthrax was the one that had a schedule kinda like rabies shots right? If you didn't get them all, you had to start over.

I honestly can't remember what all I got back then. Just that I felt like a dartboard in an Irish pub.
    Five shots over 18 months. The first two were week 0 and week 4; if you missed week 4, you started back at week 0. After that we had a window as I recall of +/- a couple weeks of either side.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I've had the first two Anthrax, probably have had three or four complete MMR series over the years as they keep losing the records of them.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I was an engineer on a civilian operated rotary wing repair ship that was deployed with a Marine Air Logistics Squadron during the first six months of OIF. Since we were under DoD control, all us, Merchant Mariners and USMC had to be vaccinated enroute to the Persian Gulf. I remember having to get the smallpox vaccination twice since the first one never developed that open sore/scab. The same thing happened with the second one. The "Doc" said I must have had a booster at one time so all was good to go. The anthrax series definitely played havoc with my system. After the first or second shot, I started to develop this insane itching on my lower legs, that I would scratch till they bled. Combine that with an engine room temperature between 105 to 140 degrees, I was one miserable dog for about a month. Thank goodness we were done with the mission by June, 2003.

On a side note, I was on an oil tanker that supplied fuel to a missile test range on Kwajalein Atoll. Nobody could go ashore until we had a cholera shot. Of a crew of twenty six over half of us experiencer headaches so bad we couldn't even stand up. I remember being in my rack, curled up in a fetal position, wailing like an injured dog. It took about six to eight hours for the headache to subside. Man, I sure wouldn't want to have to go through that again. Anyone here ever had that reaction to a cholera vaccine?

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 3 AE View Post
    On a side note, I was on an oil tanker that supplied fuel to a missile test range on Kwajalein Atoll. Nobody could go ashore until we had a cholera shot. Of a crew of twenty six over half of us experiencer headaches so bad we couldn't even stand up. I remember being in my rack, curled up in a fetal position, wailing like an injured dog. It took about six to eight hours for the headache to subside. Man, I sure wouldn't want to have to go through that again. Anyone here ever had that reaction to a cholera vaccine?
    I do not recall if I had a reaction; if I did, it must have been pretty benign since I don't remember. But...I had the vax, and then deployed I had cholera. Best weight loss program out there. I never knew diarrhea could look like clear running tap water.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    All the marines in my unit were asked if it was available would they want it and I don’t know of any that said yes in the squadron. I would say way higher than 40% said no.
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckman View Post
    I do not recall if I had a reaction; if I did, it must have been pretty benign since I don't remember. But...I had the vax, and then deployed I had cholera. Best weight loss program out there. I never knew diarrhea could look like clear running tap water.
    Wait until you do it on purpose when you have to go for a colonoscopy. Fun times!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    https://clarksvillenow.com/local/unv...pbell-general/

If that's not forcing everyone in the 101st to get the vaccine, then I don't know what is.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast