Thread: Reasonably Priced Pistol Red Dot for Buckmark Trainer with Pic Rail

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)

Reasonably Priced Pistol Red Dot for Buckmark Trainer with Pic Rail

I have a Browning Buckmark with a pic rail on it. I use it, suppressed to work with new shooters. Right now it has an old, crummy, Bushnell TRS Red Dot on it. The dot is very weak and at times of bright sunlight nearly impossible to see. I really like the dot though for training new shooters. Want to replace it. Need a dot that will interface with the Pic rail, very bright, not too expensive--sub $200.

Thinking a Swap Fox? Thoughts?
    The truth can only offend those who live a lie.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I have had great results with the Vortex Venom on my suppressed Buckmark. Bright enough for all conditions. Stays tight in the pistol and has survived being packed in a rucksack numerous times.

I think MSRP is $220, but I'm sure one could be found on sale at or below 200.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ranger86 View Post
    I have had great results with the Vortex Venom on my suppressed Buckmark. Bright enough for all conditions. Stays tight in the pistol and has survived being packed in a rucksack numerous times.

I think MSRP is $220, but I'm sure one could be found on sale at or below 200.

I'll look at that. Generally I like Vortex stuff and there are deals on it here and there...

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    I put a 1913/weaver rail in mine, with a TRS. Not a fan, either. Looking to get the RMR footprint base and put a Holosun 407c on it. Not top of my list of things to do. Would really like to get the darn barrel screw out so I can put the threaded barrel on.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Ended up with a Vortex Venom. $250 and Tax, best deal I could find. Too damn much vs. what I wanted to spend but our money is worth less every day, so, yea, there is that....Gunshow this weekend, I'll be able to sell the TRS 25 for $50, so that makes the whole thing a little more palatable.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Esq. View Post
    Ended up with a Vortex Venom. $250 and Tax, best deal I could find. Too damn much vs. what I wanted to spend but our money is worth less every day, so, yea, there is that....Gunshow this weekend, I'll be able to sell the TRS 25 for $50, so that makes the whole thing a little more palatable.
    You are right about this induced inflation. It is crazy how much everything is rapidly increasing in cost.
    I hope you enjoy the Vortex. With the lifetime warranty, at least you know you will never need to replace it.

Feedback Score
    Swampfox has a few options in that price range. The Kingslayer is very similar to the Vortex Venom and $170. Sage Dynamics just did a review on tehir newer Justice/liberty and it technically passed his test, but he wanted to use it more before recommending.

If it is just for a 22 the kingslayer should be a good option that is not expensive. Could prob find a coupon code at Brownells as well

https://www.brownells.com/manufactur...ndex.htm?f_a=1

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by everready73 View Post
    Swampfox has a few options in that price range. The Kingslayer is very similar to the Vortex Venom and $170. Sage Dynamics just did a review on tehir newer Justice/liberty and it technically passed his test, but he wanted to use it more before recommending.

If it is just for a 22 the kingslayer should be a good option that is not expensive. Could prob find a coupon code at Brownells as well

https://www.brownells.com/manufactur...ndex.htm?f_a=1
    Yea, I did see Aarons review which is what initially had me interested in the Swampfox. It would have been $70 or so cheaper. But, I've never had a serious issue with Vortex products and the few minor things I had they fixed RFN- that has some value.