Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Revolver holster?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Revolver holster?

I am looking for a leather holster for my S&W 686 "power port" revolver with its nominal 6" barrel length. I want a leather hip holster of good quality (i.e. not some cheap knock-off design from a manufacturer of unknown quality) that will carry my revolver well and protect it from brush and similar 'scrapes'.

I'm initially considering these:
    • Bianchi 111 Cyclone
    • Bianchi 5BHL
    • Galco Phoenix

Does anyone have specific comments on these holster or, a recommendation for an alternative?

TIA,
    Sid

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    My favorite field holster is a Dick Murray Hunter Holster, it is a combination of a flap holster with a thumb break. It is built hella stout, secure and protects the weapon well yet is deceptively fast to draw. It can be worn cross-draw, which is how I carry it, or strong side with a rearward cant.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Simply Rugged Sourdough looks like it provides excellent protection:
    https://www.simplyrugged.com/ecommer...151&parent=669

I have 2 of their holsters (not a Sourdough however) that I am very pleased with. Just don't buy their belt as a gun belt.

Andy

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Milt Sparks for anything leather. I have several of there 200AW and HSR for revolvers. Thick, well formed leather with a very tight fit to your gun.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    I have a Milt Sparks OWB holster for my 4" 329PD that has a brush guard and it is a very well designed, super well made holster. Has never snagged the hammer in brush.

I got lucky when I bought mine they had one in stock that fit my gun. That was maybe 10+ years ago and the holster still looks great. Give them a call you may be surprised. Great folks.

Model 200AW
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 04-17-21 at 17:43.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    For leather over the years I've always used El Paso Saddlery for OWB, Milt Sparks for IWB, with occasional Kirkpatrick and Galco thrown in.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    My Safariland for my 44 329PD has always done very well, might want to check and see if they make your size. I got mine off ebay pretty cheap!

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I own a few holsters made by Mr. Grizzle. Prices are reasonable. I am highly impressed with his work. I think his field holster would be perfect for your revolver

https://rgrizzleleather.com/owb-holsters.html

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Stickman View Post
    My Safariland for my 44 329PD has always done very well, might want to check and see if they make your size. I got mine off ebay pretty cheap!

I have the same holster with a paddle for my 686SSR. Excellent shuck.

Feedback Score
    Milt Sparks would be my choice. Unless you are one of the instant gratification types, I personally feel that they are well worth the wait for a holster that will last for decades.

THE CHAIR IS AGAINST THE WALL.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast