Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato 2011 Has Landed !

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)

Staccato 2011 Has Landed !

I couldn't believe it when my FFL called me on Friday and said my gun was in !!! To say I hauled ass over to the shop was an understatement, I did pay for the Fast Track but basically 1 week from my order to receiving the gun is simply outstanding. Staccato is King for sure. Anyways went to the range today and put 160rds through it, some factory from the stash & 100 of my own ammo, all ran great with 0 issues. I wanted to run the irons today cuz I was putting my Holosun 507C on it after I got home. RDS is all set up and ready for the range on Sunday. Once zero is confirmed I'll run it and see how it goes, I'm sure there will be no problems. I'm bringing about 300 rds with me so that will be a good run for it. I'll get a few more pic's and let you guys know how it goes. For me this gun is all it's supposed to be, friggin awesome, the trigger is sweet and it's a 1911 so what's not to like. Couple pics for ya.

You can see it in this bottom picture, the whole rear sight is raised up, I never noticed it @ the range but when I got home and took the rear sight/plate off the screw was barely finger tight! Glad that didn't go flying off.
    Last edited by m1a_scoutguy; 04-11-21 at 01:10.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Glad you like it..I am really impressed with my C2

But rear sight plate loose..yikes. I hope in their rush to make guns QC doesn't slip

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What's the quality level on the Stacatto? They aren't cheap. I never heard of them until quite recently. Are they in the same league as the boutique 1911s like Wilson? Trust your life to them in the Big City?
    Last edited by Uni-Vibe; 04-11-21 at 05:58.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    My take, owning two and having 7 in our group that I’ve had 1st hand experience with;
    The 2020 guns had some issues with extractor fit and barrel fit (at hood), which negatively affected accuracy- random fliers.
    I attributed this to “learning curve” for production.
    Only one of the pistols in our group was this years model. It was GTG other than a minor issue with barrel fit, the average shooter would never notice.

I would def shoot gun from bench and verify guns grouping capability with known, quality ammo. If accuracy is a concern.
    Verify extraction is satisfactory.

“What's the quality level on the Stacatto?
    Are they in the same league as the boutique 1911s like Wilson?—In my opinion 85% of Wilson. it’s a production gun.
    Trust your life to them in the Big City?”—After vetting function/accuracy, yes.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    What's the quality level on the Stacatto? They aren't cheap. I never heard of them until quite recently. Are they in the same league as the boutique 1911s like Wilson? Trust your life to them in the Big City?
    Not in the same league as a Wilson or higher. Think of them as production grade 2011s. They are generally reliable, accurate and far less expensive. The mags are better than the old STI mags but there are still occasional issues with them in other 2011s. To put it this way, Joe Chambers of Chambers Custom said that if he didn’t have the money for one of his guns, Staccato would be his first stop. That’s quite an endorsement.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I took mine out yesterday for another run on many mags. Mine is solid as a rock, very accurate, and very reliable. I bought some of the older mags and my gun will not lock back on the "Silver" mags but the ones that came with the gun are 100%. I trust mine for duty use as I have run all kinds of ammo and it has eaten everything without issue.

M1A, nice pistol range!!

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Well as promised here are a few more pic's. Didn't run as many rds as I had planned but still all went well. I was doing "accuracy" stuff after I installed my RDS so it took longer than I planned. All shots were @ our local indoor range @ 50ft. Not the Standard 25 yards but good enough for me and some unofficial results & comparisons! I used my CZ P-07 because that's what I have been shooting exclusively for the last couple of years and it's the gun I carry when I do carry, I know I should carry every day but just don't, my bad for sure. Same ammo through both guns, same rest with alternating between guns then checking targets, etc. Had some Speer Lawman 147Grn TMJ ammo and some Independence 115JHP (FC) ammo along with my reloads which are 135 Grn powder coated bullets that I get from a shooting buddy, mixed brass S&B SPP with Universal powder. Seems like the Staccato didn't care for the homebrew as much as the CZ but still more than adequate I feel. With CZ having the shorter lead I'll still load everything so they will run in the CZ 1st, but maybe play with the powder or primer a bit, or just load jacketed bullets for the 2011 if needed, I guess I'm not that concerned about it right now, LOL

After all the accuracy stuff I went downrange and ran another 150+ rds through the 2011 and all went great. Dam, it is a great shooting gun! It actually fits in my P-07 holster (loosely) so I was doing some draws, practicing some reloads, etc. I'll use the shot timer next trip and get some comparisons & run some good drills, it should be a fun experience. Need a few more mags,,(gulp, $$) but will grab them when our quarterly bouns come around the end of this month. My Trex Ragnarok will be here this week & it will go right on my HSGI belt. I will probably grab a good belt holster also but should be set for a while. Thanks for the compliments on the range PB, it's about 3 miles for me, it's a private range, no range officer's around, and fairly priced per year. A few fudds & dumb-ass members but unless I'm with my guys the range is empty 95% of the time I go.

1st shots this AM. Speer Lawman 147TMJ. 2011 Staccato on the left,CZ P-07 on the right.

2 Five shot groups of my reloads from solid rest. I shot the 1st 5 and went dam that sucks so I shot the 2nd one @ the same target,, still sucked, LOL but I'll live with it for now. CZ actually did better than the Staccato but both still OK.

Group of 5 shots 115JHP Independence (FC) Ammo. Staccato. This is the 2nd group I shot. Must have thrown it out or didn't take a pic of the 1st group results with either gun with this ammo, duh, my bad. 1st group not as good as this one & CZ shot it well also but not as good as this group.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Some nice tight groups. Well done. That gun suites you well. Congrats on the purchase.

PB

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Mine (2020) has run like a champ. So much that a bought a second one (also 2020)! Couple of 25 yard freehand groups with S&B 124 ball in pics. In both cases I pulled a flyer but that's reality. Even with plinking ammo the thing is a tack driver.

The gun just runs with everything I feed it. Super soft shooting.

To answer the earlier question I feel like the build is pretty much like a good Kimber (slide/frame fit and trigger feel), but the barrel fitting and DLC finish is head and shoulders better. Trigger has a little creep I'll likely clean it up one day when I feel motivated.

This is the first 9mm 1911 format gun that I feel good about carrying. And I own more than one Wilson 9mm 1911.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 04-12-21 at 19:01.

Feedback Score
    Very nice

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast