Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato 2011 Has Landed !

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1911A1Hawkeyes View Post
    Very nice
    Ran the gun again today,230 rds down range and all went well. Getting easier to shoot that's for sure, not that it was ever hard, LOL! RDS is dialed in and rockin. I know peeps are looking at holsters & I received my Trex this week. For a range holster, it suits me perfectly, Ragnrok's are already cut for RDS so your GTG. Quick pic & yea I like the new-fangled Black Multi-Cam, I am still looking for a quality belt holster & have a few ideas. I can switch out the quick detach on the Trex for a belt loop setup but instead of switching and swapping a different holster is probably a better idea.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Nice looking holster and a complete setup. So, who made the holster, Trex? And the model is a Ragnroks? Is that correct?

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Nice looking holster and a complete setup. So, who made the holster, Trex? And the model is a Ragnroks? Is that correct?

PB
    Yup,Trex. I have several of his holsters and they work fine for me. There are multiple ways of attaching them so make sure you look at all the options. I use the QLS Fork on the majority of my holsters so I can just swap them out depending on what gun I'm running. I also have the Belt Slide (which is OK). I use that if I just want to run the holster with some mag carriers. I have an HSGI belt with all my crap on it & really like it, I got sick of my stuff always sliding around so I went all tactical Timmy and it's a great setup. I'm looking at the Blackpoint holster but loooong wait,,but I'll still probably get it. Here are some links PB,hope this helps. Trex is good at shipping also,,I normally get my stuff in a week or less sometimes,but then I'm closer to Tennessee than you are,LOL
    https://www.trex-arms.com/store/ragnarok/
    https://www.trex-arms.com/store/safariland-qls-male/
    https://www.trex-arms.com/store/safariland-qls-female/
    https://www.trex-arms.com/store/safa...-ubl-mid-ride/ A belt option and then the other choice: https://www.trex-arms.com/store/belt-slide/
    There is also just the Bladetech paddle for a no-frills setup. I bought into the whole thing cuz I basically like the holster, there RDS ready and seem dam tough. Over all good stuff, I feel.

Feedback Score
    I’ve been very interested in these pistols, but the steep price tag scares me off. I guess my biggest concern is I would spend the large about of money, then would not carry it. I carry AIWB. Is this pistol like a traditional 1911 in regard to its fire control group or is it a S80-style variation with a drop safety of sorts?

After the Shadow 2 incident at the USPSA match last year, being drop-safe has become more of a concern to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    I’ve been very interested in these pistols, but the steep price tag scares me off. I guess my biggest concern is I would spend the large about of money, then would not carry it. I carry AIWB. Is this pistol like a traditional 1911 in regard to its fire control group or is it a S80-style variation with a drop safety of sorts?

After the Shadow 2 incident at the USPSA match last year, being drop-safe has become more of a concern to me.

I guess that's a question I don't know the answer to & should probably find out, is it a Series 80 or 70 Series ! Someone will know I'm sure. Yea its a lot of $$$ but I feel its worth it ,at least for me. They make a C model which would be better for carry I would say so decide & go from there I guess. Other than that I say yes its a traditional 1911 as far as "controls' go, its just a double stack. Not because of the Shadow incident but I sold my Shadow 2 to help pay for this gun,LOL I'm getting older & figured I wanted one really nice pistol before I go,LOL so I'm weeding out a few & at the moment I don't regret it one bit !
    Last edited by m1a_scoutguy; 04-19-21 at 16:59.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)

Look at their “C2” model.
    AIWB is easily doable with it barring an exceptionally large gut.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Look at their “C2” model.
    AIWB is easily doable with it barring an exceptionally large gut.
    To me it isn’t the size but question about the drop-safety of the firearm. I really don’t know if it has any form of drop safety on it or not.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    To me it isn’t the size but question about the drop-safety of the firearm. I really don’t know if it has any form of drop safety on it or not.

Some info for you to think over. So I guess they are NOT Series 80.
    https://www.1911forum.com/threads/ar...p-safe.980694/

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    Some info for you to think over. So I guess they are NOT Series 80.
    https://www.1911forum.com/threads/ar...p-safe.980694/
    Thank you for the link. Much appreciated. I’d wondered if it changed with the new models. Probably hasn’t.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    The newer models have the original JMB FC group and are not “series 80” components- which is why they have very good triggers.
    It’s possible to get an excellent trigger on an 80 series, but not on a production gun. It requires hand fitting/attention by someone that knows what they’re doing.
    FWIW, the original trigger group with “half cock” notched hammer has been GTG with even moderately trained shooters since its inception.

If you require a FP Safety gun, the Staccato isn’t for you.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast