Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Staccato 2011 Has Landed !

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mRad View Post
    Thank you for the link. Much appreciated. I’d wondered if it changed with the new models. Probably hasn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I get the hesitation over the drop safety and it can be a concern. If your LEO/Professional and it's needed for your work (drop safe) then I understand that also, the chances of rolling around or getting in a confrontation is always a possibility. If your just a normal Joe then I guess let me ask how many times have you ever dropped your pistol? That's why they call them "accidents" so yea it can happen but I guess just think about it, LOL Not affiliated with them or trying to convince you but it's a dam nice gun & I guess if any of these LEOs were that concerned about it they wouldn't be using the gun.
    Some more info for ya for what it's worth: https://staccato2011.com/heroes-program/
    Last edited by m1a_scoutguy; 04-20-21 at 11:30.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by m1a_scoutguy View Post
    I get the hesitation over the drop safety and it can be a concern. If your LEO/Professional and it's needed for your work (drop safe) then I understand that also, the chances of rolling around or getting in a confrontation is always a possibility. If your just a normal Joe then I guess let me ask how many times have you ever dropped your pistol? That's why they call them "accidents" so yea it can happen but I guess just think about it, LOL Not affiliated with them or trying to convince you but it's a dam nice gun & I guess if any of these LEOs were that concerned about it they wouldn't be using the gun.
    Some more info for ya for what it's worth: https://staccato2011.com/heroes-program/
    They certainly are quite nice, and for the money, hard to beat them. I’ve fired a few of them and they were quite easy to shoot. I’ve fired some truly high-end 2011s and the Stacatto stacked up well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    There was a thread years ago on the old 10-8 forums where a guy named Drake Oldham drop tested 1911's. He dropped them directly on their muzzle to get them to fire a primed case.

10-8 forum is long gone

But there was a thread on the subject at 1911forum. Drake himself commented in post #20, and a few times thereafter. Read for yourself.

1911 Drop Test Thread
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 04-20-21 at 12:40.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    I've shot Staccatos at a couple demos. I went straight to the C2 both times since I tend to gravitate towards compact pistols. Both times I was left with a 'meh, nothing overly exciting" feeling.

Don't get me wrong, they're super nice but the ones I've shot just didn't do anything for me.

I offered a trade of the P07 (w/safety installed) on my hip for a C2 at the last shoot. I was curious as to what the response would be from a rep and was obviously trying to force a reaction. While he didn't outright trash the 07 he did smirk at my "poor man 2011".

The C2 did have a nicer single action trigger but the C2 wouldn't work when I tried to compare the double action pull.

Eta;

Dang. My bad. Didn't realize I was dumping on your thread. The demo guns I shot most recently were claimed to have had over 80k through them. Which means they were probably the same pistols I had shot at a prior event.

To be fair, I've had the "meh" emotion after shooting a $7500 Infinity as well. Maybe my palate just hasn't matured enough yet.
    Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 04-21-21 at 03:21.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Well, it's been a while so figured I would throw out a small update. I don't normally keep track of rd counts but considering everything I decided I would on this one. I'm right @ 1020 rds through the pistol and I have had zero malfunctions of any kind, not really a big deal with most modern handguns but I guess it is a minor 1st step/test. I will say I have NOT touched the gun with any cleaning solvents/patches through the bore etc, nothing so it's getting kinda crappy, all I have done is add a drop or 2 of oil to all the critical spots every range trip. With that said I made it through the 1st 1K so I guess a cleaning is in order finally, LOL I did shoot some factory ammo in the early stages, probably about 300rds or so, I would have to look at my log for the exact count, all the rest have been my reloads. My loads are 135 GRN Powder Coated RN, I used Universal for everything till I ran out, I have plenty of other pistol powders for anything else I need/want but just no more Universal! I decided I wanted to start loading some of my RMR 124 JHP so I broke out the Power Pistol for some real blasting! I love this stuff, you know ya got a good load, fireballs, and dam accurate & just a good shooting pistol powder!
    I did some accuracy testing and have 2 targets, one is my 135 bullets & then the 124 RMR bullets. At 50 FT @ my indoor range from a decent rest, I shot a little high, the RMR bullets and power pistol definitely won the day at this distance. The 135s did OK but not as good, these bullets normally shoot dam good but just not comparing with the RMR bullets, I'm sure the powders could influence it also, I used S&B SPP with both. Overall I run the 135s 99% of the time I'm just developing a good SD load with the JHP but it looks like at distance I need to adjust my RDS down a bit. Well, I just figured I would throw this out there, hope you enjoy or find it useful, especially if you're on the fence or trying to decide on your next new pistol. I'm not getting rid of my 19X or any more of my CZs ( I sold a Shadow 2 to help fund the Staccato) at the moment but this gun is the finest/nicest pistol I have ever owned & I will say I like it very, very much! Thanks for looking!

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Good shooting.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, are the RMR JHP's not plated bullets?

I shoot Zero 124's/JHPs, handloads, as a range load. They will shoot a 10 rd. (benched) group of similar size at 25 yds.
    124 Gold Dots shoot nearly as well (and they are "plated" bullets).

3" groups are not uncommon at 50 yds.
    This from an older Staccato P and DVC P.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Good shooting.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, are the RMR JHP's not plated bullets?

I shoot Zero 124's/JHPs, handloads, as a range load. They will shoot a 10 rd. (benched) group of similar size at 25 yds.
    124 Gold Dots shoot nearly as well (and they are "plated" bullets).

3" groups are not uncommon at 50 yds.
    This from an older Staccato P and DVC P.
    Yes, I'm pretty sure they are jacketed not plated bullets. They are there In House Bullets I believe but their website is such a mess from backorders and everything they don't even have them listed at the moment so I can't check the specs on them. I know the Zeros are great bullets but me being me (cheap) I always look for the least expensive & at the time the RMRs were in stock & less $$$, I think I have had them for 2 years, LOL. I need to shoot @ 25/50 yards just to compare, I was shooting inside in the AM cuz we can't shoot outside till after 11 AM on Sundays so when I went outside I was doing other things. I also want to Crono the 124 Grn load also and see where I'm at.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    I’d be interested to see your results at 25/50 yds with your RMR JHP/Power Pistol load when you have access to your outdoor range.

I run Vv n320 in my 9mm, OPTIC guns for range use.
    It’s burn rate is in between WST and AA#2, moderately fast powder.
    Perceived advantage; it burns exceptionally clean. I’m not continually cleaning the RD lens with extended shooting, there is usually light “smoking” on the lens after a few hundred rds.
    It also contains a copper fouling eliminator and has zero measurable variance lot to lot.
    I don’t use it for irons guns due to cost.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    81 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    I’d be interested to see your results at 25/50 yds with your RMR JHP/Power Pistol load when you have access to your outdoor range.

I run Vv n320 in my 9mm, OPTIC guns for range use.
    It’s burn rate is in between WST and AA#2, moderately fast powder.
    Perceived advantage; it burns exceptionally clean. I’m not continually cleaning the RD lens with extended shooting, there is usually light “smoking” on the lens after a few hundred rds.
    It also contains a copper fouling eliminator and has zero measurable variance lot to lot.
    I don’t use it for irons guns due to cost.
    I will check the accuracy this week for sure @ distance,I normally shoot every Sunday AM @ my Club so yea I'll be ready this week for sure. I'll continue to load the Power Pistol & 124 RMRs and see what happens. Well as luck would have it I was scouring the interweb a few weeks ago and saw that Powder Valley had VV N320 available so me being me I bought 5LBs! Everyone always says it's the bomb but like I said earlier I'm cheap so in the good times, I just always bought cheap Titegroup/Universal & it always worked fine. A buddy from over @ the CZ Forum says I'll be ruined once I try it, so time will tell! I'll keep ya posted.

Feedback Score
    thanks I've been thinking about picking up a 2011, and STi seems to strike a nice balance between "higher end" and still common enough (vs something really custom). Good to know there's positive reports from owners after some time of ownership.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast