Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock .22LR conversions any good?

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Well I went and felt up the 44. Against what is undoubtedly good advice I'm gonna order the AA kit. My dick skinners really don't like factory Glock frames. I'm real happy with the Polymer 80 frames. I'll try out the kit. If it works for me great, if not I'll suffer through with it til I recover and sell it.

I wish I had picked up a .22 1911 when they were cheap and available.
    Run it wet and make sure to stick to the recommended ammunition in the manual.

If not, you will be doing a lot of failure to feed malfunction drills.

Bring your cleaning stuff to the range with you if you are going to shoot more than 100rds. You might not, need it but if you do, it will be a waste of time to continue.

Pay special attention to the ejector. It has a large bearing surface on the side of the slide and it tends to get gummy after a while because you have to run it wet, but if you don't run it wet, it won't function either.

Mine wasn't bad and it served me pretty well. My version just wasn't up to Ruger MK III / Buckmark level of reliability. The G44, so far, has been for me over a much wider range of ammo types.
    Last edited by Crow Hunter; 04-13-21 at 07:17.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I have an Advantage Arms .22LR conversion kit for my Glock 22. It is reliable and reasonably accurate with Remington Golden Bullet 36g HP and Blazer 40g RN ammunition. The Glock 44 was not available several years ago when I made the purchase and the kit fits both my Glock 17 and Glock 22.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    Well to update, I completed a 19 size polymer 80 frame and am running the kit on it. I've only used cheap Remi golden 550 bulk pack so far. Runs good except that at least once per mag the slide locks back with rounds remaining in the mag. Gotta figure that out. Hit the slide release and it's back in business. I'm into it about $350 or so. I saw a G44 NIB for $360, but I was out of state so... around here they are about a hundred more than that. I still prefer the poly80 over the factory frame so as long as I can get it to run OK I'm happy.

If anyone has an idea on the slide lock issue I'm all ears.

ETA: the slide release I have in it has a weak spring. It allows the slide release to float a little bit under the tremendous. 22lr recoil. Just enough to grab the slide. I gotta order a replacement then I should be good.
    Last edited by utahjeepr; 05-02-21 at 18:45.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12