Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Glock .22LR conversions any good?

Feedback Score

Glock .22LR conversions any good?

I am thinking about a .22 kit for a 19(P80). Any experience with these? If they run good I figure it may be worthwhile as a cheap ammo trainer/plinker. Or would I be better off spending a third more for a G44?

I'm on the fence on the value of it, but I can't shoot "real" handguns for a while due to injury. The 44 is really more than I would like to drop on a toy, but if the kits are trash I'll consider it.
    Last edited by utahjeepr; 04-11-21 at 10:28.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Between the conversion and the G44, I say 44. I shot a colleagues and it’s essentially a G19 in .22. If they made 15 round magazines it would be perfect.

Even before the ammo famine, I shot 22 more than anything when I couldn’t be arsed.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    G44 is great. I considered conversions but went for the G44, right around $350. Bought the threaded barrel and some extra mags.

Plenty of fun and good trigger time the same as my other Glocks.

Feedback Score
    Right now I'd have to pay about $450 for the 44 from what I see. I also prefer the P80 frame so much more than factory. I guess I'll fondle the G5 and see.

I've always bought .22 at the end of the droughts, when all the backordered ammo comes in and the store just needs it gone. I need to start shooting it anyway, or sell it. I literally have case after case piled up.

Feedback Score
    My experience is with an AA G26 conversion, but from what I was able to gather before putting that together, it is pretty typical of that company's G19 conversions, too. Fun, impressively accurate, and 99% reliable for the first 50 rounds after a thorough clean and lube, dropping pretty quickly after that. I put the conversion slide on a new frame, and it got better after the first 250 rounds or so, and worked pretty much the same way on a ~2500 round G26 frame. As I said, fun to shoot and great for malfunction drill training, but a G44 is likely to be less finicky with regard to ammo and more reliable over a long range session.

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    I am thinking about a .22 kit for a 19(P80). Any experience with these? If they run good I figure it may be worthwhile as a cheap ammo trainer/plinker. Or would I be better off spending a third more for a G44?

I'm on the fence on the value of it, but I can't shoot "real" handguns for a while due to injury. The 44 is really more than I would like to drop on a toy, but if the kits are trash I'll consider it.
    I owned a gen 3 g19 AA conversion since the early 2000s until last year and a G44 now.

No question the G44. It is both more accurate and significantly more reliable over a wider range of ammo types than the Advantage Arms.

I have fired Remington golden, federal automatch, cci blazer, and Winchester 333 with no hiccups.

The AA only really shot the Remington Goldens good. The others had quite a bit more short strokes and/or misfeeds. The G44 will also go much longer between cleaning and will run much less wet.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Get the G44.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    I wish there was a reliable way to run a dot on a G44. Anyone tried a carver mount on one?

Feedback Score
    Well I went and felt up the 44. Against what is undoubtedly good advice I'm gonna order the AA kit. My dick skinners really don't like factory Glock frames. I'm real happy with the Polymer 80 frames. I'll try out the kit. If it works for me great, if not I'll suffer through with it til I recover and sell it.

I wish I had picked up a .22 1911 when they were cheap and available.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OdinIII View Post
    I wish there was a reliable way to run a dot on a G44. Anyone tried a carver mount on one?
    https://www.nelsonprecisionmfg.com/

I haven't used this, but heard it works well. It's on my to-buy list.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast