Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Police shooting in the twin cities (Brooklyn Center OIS)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I wonder how they have their tasers set up? It's been pretty much SOP everywhere that you have your taser on a cross draw or on the off hand side to avoid this from happening. This type of thing happened multiple times when the taser first came out.
    Last edited by C-grunt; 04-12-21 at 15:10.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I wonder how they have their tasers set up? It's been pretty much SOP everywhere that you have your taser on a cross draw or on the off hand side to avoid this from happening. This type of thing harkened multiple times when the taser first came out.
    The Chief says they train and carry the taser cross draw and that it was an accidental discharge as she yelled taser??????? It's just plain fear. No, he shouldn't be able to get back into the car, yes he could have submitted to arrest, no she had to be pretty fearful to draw her weapon with three cops there and accidentally shoot him. An ND is not and AD.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Feedback Score
    The 3 largest metro counties, Anoka, Hennepin and Ramsey counties are under curfew tonight from 7pm to 6am. I wonder if that and the rain will be enough to suppress riots and looting...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrbieler View Post
    This story is getting a fair bit of air play right now. This may end up being another interesting summer.

Army officer sues Virginia police over violent traffic stop
    https://www.cbsnews.com/news/caron-n...-traffic-stop/
    I doubt much will come of that. Haven't heard any negatives on Second Lieutenant Nazario and it is highly likely the city has been digging hard to find dirt in the last 4 months.

Speaking of, the officers on scene need to get their day in court over this.

Since any action against the officers has taken 4 months after the incident/about a week after Nazario went public, the officers' superiors all the way to the mayor have indicated they don't need to be in their positions either.
    Last edited by jsbhike; 04-12-21 at 20:55.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Black_Sheep View Post
    The 3 largest metro counties, Anoka, Hennepin and Ramsey counties are under curfew tonight from 7pm to 6am. I wonder if that and the rain will be enough to suppress riots and looting...
    I live in Anoka County and it is not in any area where the thugs are causing havoc. I am just stepping out to violate curfew.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Reminds me of this one except with a ****ed up outcome.

Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post

I remember watching that one around 1995 on CNN and I must have caught it the only time they played it that day.

Dude on the ground failed to pay child support and male cop took the ricochet in the vest. Never heard what happened after that if anything.

Feedback Score
    With this case...God, I don't know what to think. On one hand...it was a negligent homicide. On the other hand, I've been in similar situations; it is really, really hard to judge someone knowing how one's mind works in such a heightened life and death situation. It was a tragic mistake; it's hard to say whether or not it was even totally avoidable; it looks that way with 20/20 hindsight...but in the moment? Maybe it's just my own self-doubt, but when I was on the job, I always worried I would make a mistake like this.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    And what do both these incidents have in common I wonder.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by vicious_cb View Post
    And what do both these incidents have in common I wonder.
    Hmmm...have to think on this one..

Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast