Thread: ........

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)

Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 12-04-22 at 00:23.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've seen a few MDs who decided to hold their own match before ever going to another of the same type. This absolutely boggles my mind.

I ROd for great MDs for several years before becoming an MD myself. I've done it for 4 years now and I still don't feel ready.

That sounds like a mess!

Feedback Score
    If you had vendors, how big was the match and what was then entry fee?
    I assume it must have been a lvl 1 match since you had new shooters.

I assume folks left after a while if the match took 11 hrs. Just wow.

I just shot a match full of Tactical Timmies and same thing with some of the ROs.
    Getting conflicting instructions and taking penalties because the did not fully explain the course of fire and it was not written down.
    Even after taken some BS penalties I still smoke 90% of them. Glad I was just there to test equipment.
    Last edited by fedupflyer; 04-12-21 at 15:52.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)

Lightbulb

Last edited by The_War_Wagon; 04-12-21 at 16:14.
    - Either you're part of the problem or you're part of the solution or you're just part of the landscape - Sam (Robert DeNiro) in, "Ronin" -

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Entry fee was $45. Never saw results but I'd guess around 70 shooters.

I do have a vertical video a buddy took of me in our first stage. Nothing really exciting. I can fire my YT back up and load later if interested. Jogging, 9 silhouettes side by side with pistol, shoot something like 12 inch steel at around 150 yards, 3 rifle silhouettes, same steel at 75'ish.

We were the first 3 to run. Caveat of the stage was that shooter had to hit the steel to advance to next portion. No taking miss penalties and moving on. The three of us each posted a 65-70 second completion time. Both buddies and myself had some sort of stow/load fumble so a better time would have definitely been possible. Well, other people couldn't hit the massive plates and racked up some seriously monstrous times.

The MD commented on the huge variance in times. Well, yeah....that's what happens when a stage has a "hit to progress" portion. What's the fix? Redesign the stage and then throw out the scores! Scores were time based only. They seriously just added the stage times together for a shooters final match score.

Tickets have to be bought through their website where I posted a quick "1 star". If they delete it, I'll name them. But if they leave it up where prospective shooters can see it, I'll consider that fair enough.

'1 star' review deleted. Admittedly it was without substance. Reposted review with a few sentences. Now I had to enter an email address and submit my review for approval. Benefit of the doubt has been given, last chance.
    Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 04-13-21 at 19:02.

Feedback Score
    63 (100%)
    I've been to matches that went from practical and fun to being ruined by groups turning them solely into point chasing, sport based events. The donation went from voluntary (which most people happily paid) to being demanded, and sponsored sport shooters were making sure to nag people who were just there to enjoy shooting. It got pretty obvious that sponsored guys wanted to stay sponsored by looking to disqualify anyone who might threaten their top place finishes. My entire regular group stopped going to them. I think the guys who used to run the events have taken ownership of them again, and so I'll probably attend again if they start putting them on. Right now they're on hold because no one can find ammo.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Last edited by Leaveammoforme; 12-04-22 at 00:23.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    In early IDPA days I lived in South Florida and a great crew ran Sat 8:30-12pm matches in the glades weekly. I went from relatively incompetent to proficient and enjoyed every Saturday for years. Revolver only matches were a mess, or rather I was a mess with a revolver and then I wasn't. I have yet to find a local or just outside local match in my area although there are a few ranges that host them. In between I have gone to about a dozen matches over the last 2 decades and they were just meh, less enjoyable because of a few rule mongers. Really pissed them off when I did headshot only runs, taking more time but coming in the top 3-5 easily.