Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Study finds COVID variant affects vaccinated individuals more than unvaccinated

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Study finds COVID variant affects vaccinated individuals more than unvaccinated

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...d-unvaccinated

The South Africa variant of the coronavirus affects vaccinated individuals more than those who are unvaccinated, according to a new study from Tel Aviv University and Israel’s largest healthcare provider.
    Another article on the same subject from the Epoch Times:

https://www.theepochtimes.com/mkt_ap...0982.html?v=ul

It's interesting that the study is coming from a very reliable source, from the most vaccinated country on earth, yet only the far right outlets are picking it up. Will be interesting to see if leftist media outlets are eventually forced to run it, or if it will just be swept under the rug.

ETA: FOX now reporting (which in my book is a leftist media outlet lol)

https://www.foxnews.com/health/israe...pfizer-vaccine
    Last edited by okie; 04-12-21 at 10:48.

Feedback Score
    Are you trying to frighten people to death?

Feedback Score
    The left in this country will play up Covid fear as long as they are able to do so. This will continue to allow them to violate our rights and destroy our country. It will also make it easier to continue to commit election fraud. Having any notion that main stream media will ever report the truth is a waste of time.

Feedback Score
    meh.

Thin data on the edge of importance.

That variant is 1% of cases and from the WE article, they saw 8 cases when they expected 1.... It's data, not sure if it is information.

Vaccines aren't 100%, just like the virus attacks people asymmetrically. The reason that this study can gain any traction is that there aren't a lot of that SA variants out there. The data shows that the vaccines protect against the variants. How do I know? The variants are now the major virus circulating here and old people are dying and becoming cases at a lower rate than the under 50/unvaccinated.

This is something to watch, but you need a LOT more data before making that claim. It deosn't protect, maybe. It makes you more susceptible..... that extraordinary claim needs at least some data.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    meh.

Thin data on the edge of importance.

That variant is 1% of cases and from the WE article, they saw 8 cases when they expected 1.... It's data, not sure if it is information.

Vaccines aren't 100%, just like the virus attacks people asymmetrically. The reason that this study can gain any traction is that there aren't a lot of that SA variants out there. The data shows that the vaccines protect against the variants. How do I know? The variants are now the major virus circulating here and old people are dying and becoming cases at a lower rate than the under 50/unvaccinated.

This is something to watch, but you need a LOT more data before making that claim. It deosn't protect, maybe. It makes you more susceptible..... that extraordinary claim needs at least some data.
    I don't think they're suggesting it makes you more susceptible. They compared 800 people who contracted the virus, half vaccinated, half not. The ones who were vaccinated contracted the African variant eight times more often than the unvaccinated, so that implies that they have a higher immunity to the older strains, but are still susceptible to the newer ones. It doesn't necessarily imply that they're more likely to get it, just that for the ones who do, they have a higher chance of getting the new strain.

I suppose it's possible that the vaccine makes people more susceptible, in the sense that this study doesn't rule out that possibility. It seems like ruling that out would be pretty hard, though. They could maybe keep track of the study participants and see if there was an increased rate of severe cases or deaths in one group over the other. It's a small size, though, so one group would have to get hit really hard to be significant.
    Last edited by okie; 04-12-21 at 11:04.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ChattanoogaPhil View Post
    Are you trying to frighten people to death?
    Well I think people deserve to know if the vaccine doesn't work against new strains.

Feedback Score
    There is so little data here. Plus from what I was hearing today, the PFiszer version is the one that most people in Israel received, so if it does what this study says at face value- 'amplifies' the rate of the SA version, they would have seen it in a macro sense, not a 400 person study.

You get clusters. You are talking about such a low number of people, you could be talking about one family who the vaccines don't work as well on.

Plus, this fits into the Fax and Fauci narratives. On one side the vaccines don't work, on the other we need to vaccinate more to tamp down the virus before it can spread.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I don’t know about only the far right outlets picking up the story. A quick scan thru Google News and a few other aggregators had tons of news orgs reporting on it.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jbjh View Post
    I don’t know about only the far right outlets picking up the story. A quick scan thru Google News and a few other aggregators had tons of news orgs reporting on it.

Sent from 80ms in the future
    The right likes it because it casts FUD about vaccines and the need for them. I said the Fauci narrative, because it fits into his whole line of seeming to never give the all clear- with variants being the latest push.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    How many people died of the flu this past season?
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast