Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I up and bought another Bergara 6.5CM

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

I up and bought another Bergara 6.5CM

I didn't want to, but I walked in my LGS and saw this Bergara HMR B-14 Wilderness with their nice stocks ( which I like) and a very beefy barrel. I would challenge the notion of HMR HUNT MATCH RIFLE with a barrel that thick for hunting but I'm glad they made it. LGS pricing wasn't bad but GB was $1,029 and $19 shipping. If my LGS showed any interest in my business I would have gladly lost a few dollars but they were very much on their high horse.

That beefy barrel for long range shooting should be awesome. Range report to follow.

PB

Feedback Score
    I’m not activity searching but as soon as I find one in .308 left handed I’ll scoop it up.

Feedback Score
    36 (100%)
    Ditto on the left hand version, not sure I’m ready to jump into long range just yet given the current atmosphere with ammo.
    "But if they want to play out a Rage Against the Machine album then...I have no problem blacking out my face, putting on Tiger Stripes, and working on my ear necklace."-FireFly

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Oughta be a shooter PB.
    What glass will you run?
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I've considered a B-14 again and again. I even handled one at a gun shop, but their pricing was ridiculous (their normal).

I haven't seen one in a store since, so I went to the Internet and found them for less than what I paid for a Remington 700.

I've got a selection of 6.5 bullets from when I had a 260 quite a few years ago. I planned to get another 260, but that never happened....then it fell from favor.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    For a guy who was borderline anti 6.5 a couple years ago, you seem to be gathering a collection of them. HAHA
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by gaijin View Post
    Oughta be a shooter PB.
    What glass will you run?
    I have a first-gen ATACR 5-25X56, not FFP but is a nice scope. Or I might run a NF NXS 3-15 sitting on an idle 300WM.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 04-12-21 at 17:44.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    For a guy who was borderline anti 6.5 a couple years ago, you seem to be gathering a collection of them. HAHA
    Yea, I'm sold on the round and I also bought a good supply of cheap decent S&B 6.5 ammo that cost .60 round and gets me out to 1,000 yards pretty reliably and occasional hit at 1,300 yards. Some American Gunner and a bunch of top-tier Hornady to keep me in the game.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    Yea, I'm sold on the round and I also bought a good supply of cheap decent S&B 6.5 ammo that cost .60 round and gets me out to 1,000 yards pretty reliably and occasional hit at 1,300 yards. Some American Gunner and a bunch of top-tier Hornady to keep me in the game.

PB
    Be glad you bought it when you did. That same ammo is $2.50rd right now..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Yes I am. I have not counted how many cases but 2 at least. So I happy about that. $2.50 oh lord help us.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast