Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rifle or Pistol Lower for Form 1/SBR: Does it matter?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Honestly dude, I wouldn’t even do it. I have several and a trust and all that jazz and I wish I didn’t. It just put my name on a list and literally no one in a free state gives a shit.

I strongly encourage you to live your life as though the constitution still matters and not pay a second tax on the products you already own.

This resistance is the most effective long term solution, not the NRA/GOA.
    Lately my stance has shifted towards actively fighting government overreach. Once it has happened however, quiet non-compliance is my course of action, rather than poking the bear.

I felt how you did prior to owning suppressors, that the NFA hops weren’t worth it for an SBR alone. However, once that ship has sailed, I might as well have the best tools available. I don’t really worry about being on “lists” due to already having a CHL, the number of 4473’s I end up filling out, combined with general government incompetence. I have a list of firearms and serial numbers for theft recovery purposes. I could mail that to the ATF, Biden, Beto, whoever, and if the day ever comes that they go door to door for guns, they won’t have that list to know what they are looking for. I also won’t be burying any of my guns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by CPM View Post
    Honestly dude, I wouldn’t even do it. I have several and a trust and all that jazz and I wish I didn’t. It just put my name on a list and literally no one in a free state gives a shit.

I strongly encourage you to live your life as though the constitution still matters and not pay a second tax on the products you already own.

This resistance is the most effective long term solution, not the NRA/GOA.
    Lately my stance has shifted towards actively fighting government overreach. Once it has happened however, quiet non-compliance is my course of action, rather than poking the bear.

I felt how you did prior to owning suppressors, that the NFA hoops weren’t worth it for an SBR alone. However, once that ship has sailed, I might as well have the best tools available. I don’t really worry about being on “lists” due to already having a CHL, the number of 4473’s I end up filling out, combined with general government incompetence. I have a list of firearms and serial numbers for theft recovery purposes. I could mail that to the ATF, Biden, Beto, whoever, and if the day ever comes that they go door to door for guns, they won’t have that list to know what they are looking for. I also won’t be burying any of my guns.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12