Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Darian Jarrott killing (graphic)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    My thinking was the undercover plain clothes cops doing the bust didn't want someone recording their pictures. I've seen other incidents when there is a big bust at an intersection and I saw a kid with a cell phone pull it out and the LE told him to stop taking pictures.
    That’s not how it works. That’s why the ones who do undercover work aren’t there or wear masks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Does anyone have a link to the unedited demise of his oxygen thief? I can't find it and if I don't see it, I won't be able to sleep today!
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I’m going to try to answer this as well as I can.

Most officers today really aren’t like they used to be. They have gotten kind of nerfed and job scared from the indoctrination over the years. There is an air that you can talk or sir sandwich your way out of anything. People either want to play stateside soldier (which is SUPER Gay) or play social worker (which is naive). Good old fashioned American police work very rarely involved Skinheads and Oakleys or acting like a total homo. It all boiled down to reading a scene and reading people. There are living legends to this day (but rapidly aging out) who can tell a crowd to get gone and go they do. They built a reputation of being a brutal hardass in their youth but aged in the system and now just try to get people home. They are known where they police.

The thesis is that the old guard is part of the worlds they enforce. These new people just get brainwashed and do what they are told no matter how grotesquely stupid and then think someone will save them.

American LE work is not like the Army. I openly tell people that I know who I work for and who I don’t. When I was younger, I had some Alphabet people try to rope me into something silly and retarded and dangerous. Luckily I had older people looking out for me who told them to fvck off.

There are no amounts of drugs worth a human life and using this man as a canary was unethical and cruel. They could have done their own work but were lazy and hung up on themselves.

Without benefit of hindsight, let’s say I made that stop because I was really a Boy Scout over equipment violations. But this dude had tats and shorty AR and just looked like Cartel. I would have stalled, asked him to stay in his vehicle, and walked back to mine where I have an AR and other fun tricks and called for extra cars. I wouldn’t say shot about his gun or whatever. Play dumb.

If he wants to fight, I have reaction gap, cover, and a fixed fighting position behind my vehicle.

If he takes the opportunity to just peel off, that’s perfectly 10-4 with me. I got a tag. I got cavalry coming. I am alive and able to do things. He will crash, run out of gas, or be looking down the pipes of 20 M4s one way or another.

He just wasn’t prepared that day and he was murdered as a result.

I mean it’s a spicy opinion but if you’re getting into policework to make a living then you are doing it wrong.

Like you have to on a subliminal level be somewhat sociopathic and not really care about living or dying and trade off a baseline level safety and security for the privilege of not having to stock shelves, wear a suit and tie, or keep going to college. I initially wanted to do computer programming and went to college for it. But then I realized that I didn’t want to stay in a cubicle or whatever. I just fell into it. Seriously. Computers were my life as a kid. We could only afford a super cheap PC and I farted around on DOS or I wrote code on a notebook for COBOL and waited to get to the lab to see if it worked. I had no real interest in LE or anything. Guns were cool but no more or less cool than Sega Genesis or Soundgarden.

But I get a modest but steady check and nobody riding my ass and despite my totally hating all of humanity and wishing Gozer or Darkseid was real......

I do actually get to help people and see my handiwork.

And the tragedy is that most people fall into it thinking people still respect authority and society which is probably what happened to old buddy
    I think I get where you’re coming from. Thanks for the answer.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Does anyone have a link to the unedited demise of his oxygen thief? I can't find it and if I don't see it, I won't be able to sleep today!
    Over toward the end.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Thank You
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by motor51 View Post
    That’s not how it works. That’s why the ones who do undercover work aren’t there or wear masks.
    That's correct - I don't know how it works. I saw plain clothes cops in unmarked vehicles making a bust in front of the burger joint I was at, and they took offense to me pointing my Nikon camera at what they were doing. For some reason, they didn't want pictures. I thought what I was doing was harmless. Apparently not.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    For LE here, maybe you can educate me:

Can you legally be ordered from your vehicle without being told why you are being stopped? I am guessing you have to produce a drivers license since you are operating a vehicle on a public road, but some have argued this is a Constitutional violation. In other words, you cannot be forced to identify yourself until you have been notified as to why you are being stopped. I've watched the video of the 2LT and his stop, and that 1.5 mile roll to a lighted location certainly might have raised suspicion.

I had an incident years ago in Albuquerque where I was sitting at an outside table of a burger joint, and a plain clothes drug bust went down on the street in front of me. I had been photographing that day and had my Nikon with me. I raised the camera to my eye and used my telephoto lens to get a closer view. Two of the plain clothes Albuquerque cops came over and demanded my ID and asked why I was taking pictures. I told them I was just eating a burger and drinking a Coke. They threatened to arrest me if I didn't produce my ID. I pulled out my Drivers License and showed it to them. They made some threatening talk but eventually just walked off.
    Yes. See Pennsylvania v Mimms, a decided Supreme Court case.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    Yes. See Pennsylvania v Mimms, a decided Supreme Court case.
    Thank You, sir. Criminal Law and Criminal Justice is out of my lane of expertise. I do know a little business and insurance law, but that's it.
    Maj. USAR (Ret) 160th SOAR, 2/17 CAV
    NRA Life Member
    Black Mesa Ranch. Raising Fine Cattle and Horses in San Miguel County since 1879

Feedback Score
    60 (100%)
    Thank You, sir. Criminal Law and Criminal Justice is out of my lane of expertise. I do know a little business and insurance law, but that's it.
    You're welcome my friend. I've appreciated your insight in this thread, same as all the others you post in.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Id give anything if I hadnt watched this..fvck me for doing it. Never again.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast