Thread: Tavor X95 13" barrel measurements/technical drawing?

Feedback Score

Tavor X95 13" barrel measurements/technical drawing?

Hello all. Looking for measurements or a technical drawing for a Tavor X95 13" barrel.

I would like to lathe a barrel step down on a 16.5" barrel to install a "Stabilizing Sleeve" for the "short X95 handguard."

Also, is the "Stabilizing Sleeve" the same part for both 16.5" and 13" barrels?

Any other suggestions or cautions?

Feedback Score
    I have both and am happy to help, but will need more details about what you're talking about. I'm having trouble visualizing it. Pictures would be great.

Feedback Score
    Hi. I'm not sure how to post pics. (Maybe that should be the first question, lol)

I have the 16.5" X95.(second rifle from the top in your pic) I would like to replace my front handguard with the shorter handguard (top rifle in your pic).

(I realize I will also need a short picatinny rail for the short handguard to fit.)

There is a "barrel ring" that centers the front of the handguards on both guns.

Both hanguards' barrel ring ("stabilizing sleeve" in the parts nomenclature in the manual) is indexed to a step down on both barrels (similar to a M203 cut in an AR barrel).

1. I would like to machine the step down to facilitate the proper indexing of the "stabilizing sleeve" on my 16.5" barrel, which is longer than on the 13" barrel. I need the exact caliper measurements (step down length and diameter and position from the chamber end of the field stripped barrel.)

2. Is the "stabilizing sleeve" identical on both 16.5" and 13" guns?

Feedback Score
    The stabilizing sleeve appears to be identical on both rifles. The rifles are the same from the chamber to the front handguard, it appears that the step down is 2.022" closer to the chamber on the SBR. See the diagram for where I took measurements.

All that said, I'd just get the SBR. This one shows that it's in stock.
    https://www.bigbendoutfitters.com/pr...183006847-4411

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info.

Unfortunately, SBR's is out of the question.

Another question I have is about the removeable pistol grip panels. One panel style is the IDF w/ raised horizontal pattern, on the top rifle.

The second panel type is checkered, on the second rifle from the top.

Are they identical in thickness/circumference? Is it possible you can tape measure exactly. I read the IDF horizontal pattern is thicker in width.

Thanks.
    Last edited by G19A3; 04-28-21 at 00:48.

Feedback Score
    I can't measure the circumference, but I was able to measure the width. The commercial and IDF versions have the same width if you measure from the valleys of the IDF grips. It's 1.44". If you measure the width of the IDF grips at the ridges, the width is 1.66". In my opinion, the commercial grips feels better.

Feedback Score
    Thanks !

Feedback Score
    Can you accurately measure OAL for both 13" and 16" as equipped in your photo? Thanks.

Feedback Score
    The X95 SBR has an OAL of 22.0" and the X95 has an OAL of 26.5". These OAL's were measured from the end of the buttstock to the muzzle, not the end of the flash hider.