Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: LMT 2 stage trigger

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I personally think the Larue MBT 2s triggers are the best aftermarket trigger under $150 hands down (especially considering they are only $87).

I have Geissele SSA-E triggers in almost all my guns, and i can honestly say that the Larue MBT-2s comes close to the performance of Geissele triggers, but 2-3 times cheaper. I've used CMC, Trigger Tech, Timney, Geissele, and a whole bunch of other brands of triggers, and in my opinion, the Larure MBT triggers are the best bang for the buck by far.
    This was the other option I was considering as well. Same question though, do they use full power springs? Failing both of these two options Ill suck it up and put a Geissele G2S on this build. I have one in another AR and for what I use it for, it's perfect. But wouldn't mind saving some coin.....

Feedback Score
    Any intel about pull weight on the lmt?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutch110 View Post
    This was the other option I was considering as well. Same question though, do they use full power springs? Failing both of these two options Ill suck it up and put a Geissele G2S on this build. I have one in another AR and for what I use it for, it's perfect. But wouldn't mind saving some coin.....
    The Larue MBT 2s comes with 2 different springs. Out of the box it's set with a 4.5 lb spring, but they also include a "heavy" spring, that increases the pull weight to 6lbs. I've only ever used the 4.5lb spring, but my buddy's trigger weight pull showed it broke right at about 4lbs, and i've heard the heavy spring breaks around 5lbs.

In my personal opinion, I don't think the Geissele SSA-E is worth double or triple the price of the Larue MBT -2s. I love my SSA-Es, but i can't honestly say there is much of a noticeable difference between the MBT and SSA-E. I would save the money and get the MBT-2s.
    Last edited by B Cart; 04-20-21 at 14:46.

Feedback Score
    Apologies for the necro.

Anyone have any thoughts on how the feel of this trigger compares to the Larue MBT w/ heavy spring or the Centurion Arms AST?

FWIW, I've compared it to the Geissele SSA and found it to be basically on par in overall quality, though the pull characteristics are a bit different. Had no real desire to get a Geissele afterwards, but I haven't tried either of those two above.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    In my opinion, these are great triggers to be coming with a gun in stock configuration. No, they are not G-SSA triggers but they don't cost you $225 either.

PB

$225!? You got taken, son

Quote Originally Posted by B Cart View Post
    I personally think the Larue MBT 2s triggers are the best aftermarket trigger under $150 hands down (especially considering they are only $87).

I have Geissele SSA-E triggers in almost all my guns, and i can honestly say that the Larue MBT-2s comes close to the performance of Geissele triggers, but 2-3 times cheaper. I've used CMC, Trigger Tech, Timney, Geissele, and a whole bunch of other brands of triggers, and in my opinion, the Larure MBT triggers are the best bang for the buck by far.

Agree. Even at the new price, just not as great, but still best deal
    Last edited by Warp; 08-11-21 at 09:26.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I didn't pay $225, but ve seen them priced at $225. I've bought mine on sale sub $200, if my memory serves me the low of $165, high of $180, son.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by LimeSpoon View Post
    Apologies for the necro.

Anyone have any thoughts on how the feel of this trigger compares to the Larue MBT w/ heavy spring or the Centurion Arms AST?

FWIW, I've compared it to the Geissele SSA and found it to be basically on par in overall quality, though the pull characteristics are a bit different. Had no real desire to get a Geissele afterwards, but I haven't tried either of those two above.
    I prefer the lighter spring in the MBT personally. I haven't used the Centurion AST yet, but everyone seems to really like them. There is another thread going on about it, and apparently the Centurion AST may be a better trigger than the LMT, and still under $100. The AST may be the new go-to for a sub $100 trigger. I might pick one up and see how it compares to the Geissele and MBT etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12