Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a light

Feedback Score
    With those suppressors you want a unity wing mount. It will push the light out far along the supressor. Although with the modlite beam output, shadow is a bit less of an issue (but would still use the unity mount with the modlite).

Cloud defensive REIN is another to look at, especially if you like warmer beams.

The complete package you get with the modlite, charger, 2 batteries is a good deal for the quality and capability. Hell just not having to buy cr123a batteries anymore is a big win, and cr123a can't output enough power to run modern heads anyways.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Another vote for the REIN. Tougher than nails (literally hammers nails), comes with a picatinny mount, tape switch, charger, and 18650 battery. If you mount the full size on the end of your rail it'll stick out far enough that the suppressor won't matter.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    You will want and pretty much a must have need the ability to have constant ON. Options there are down to clicky switch that comes with the light or a UNITY Tactical Hot Button. There is also switch from Surefire that does both however it can be awkward to operate based on its location. Lights like the CD REIN have a pressure pad option that allow for both constant ON and momentary. Make your light placement such that you can operate it with your weak side grip in a manner that does not effect your natural forward grip. For me this done by thumb forward activation of the clicky switch.

I mount most all my lights on a UNITY Micro Hub off the 12:00 rail. This gets the light as high as I have possibly found to aid in eliminating suppressor shadow. I never mount my lights in ideal circumstances on the outboard side of the rifle again to help aid in eliminating shadow from the can plus it puts the light on the side my eyes are and where I'm looking.

Know that I am a MODLITE fanboy based on what the light does and how it performs. Based on your specific desire to have 50 yards and inward plus interior use with lots of spill needed I would recommend the Surefire M600DF Scout Duel Fuel (takes both CR123 and 18650 battery). Don't get a single cell light! Low light work based on the problem will eat battery time and that being said figure out a way to carry extra batteries on your rifle seeing in your scenario you might be operating without full kit on. I never want my light to dictate or limit the ability of my rifle and if I ever thought the rifle might venture outside my house I would want more or ALL the light personally and that's why I would really ask you to consider the MODLITE PLH V2 for the best mix.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer3 View Post
    The complete package you get with the modlite, charger, 2 batteries is a good deal for the quality and capability. Hell just not having to buy cr123a batteries anymore is a big win, and cr123a can't output enough power to run modern heads anyways.
    I'm on the opposite side of this argument. I don't run my lights often enough to use a rechargeable system. So much like a cordless drill or a cordless weed whacker... the time I go to use it, the thing is dead, and won't take a charge because I don't cycle the battery regularly.

Rechargeable stuff has its place, but not for me.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer3 View Post
    I'm on the opposite side of this argument. I don't run my lights often enough to use a rechargeable system. So much like a cordless drill or a cordless weed whacker... the time I go to use it, the thing is dead, and won't take a charge because I don't cycle the battery regularly.

"What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post

I’m in the same boat. My handheld is different and I love the 18650s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Well you guys sure gave me an education and saved me a lot of legwork and probably some misfires as I purchased. Thank you all for the experience based advice. This sort of thing is why I come to M4C

Went for a fullsize Cloud Defense REIN combo kit. Also went for the Streamlight HLX combo kit at Cloud Defense. Everything is backordered so maybe I'll have some gear in 6 weeks or so. Once I get a chance to play with the factory configurations, I'll see what sort of different mounts I need (if any).

If I ever need to set up a light to reach out there I'm going with the Modlite.

And I bought the Streamlight combo because it's inexpensive and I sort of want to do the comparison. If I don't like it I'll sell it and likely not lose my shirt.

I have to say the REIN had a number of features that I liked. Think I'll like the warmer light, and the switch system made sense to me. Also the adjustable tailcap (make it longer or shorter) and the little collar in the tube to adjust for different length batteries seemed sensible to me. And the tailcap switch working regardless of remote switch status was something I liked. Seems like I could configure the thing just about any way I'd like. It is fairly long, and has a mount toward the rear of the light, so I may or may not need a cantilevered mount to get out over the suppressor.

Lots of great gear out there. Also found the online reviews from MrGunsNGear and Sage Dynamics to be useful.

I think I ended up a bit north of "6920" More like SR15 ha ha.
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 04-18-21 at 21:39.

Feedback Score
    My next weapon light will be the Cloud Defense REIN Micro. I wish the flashlight came with an MLOK body mount instead of the pic rail mount but outside of that it has everything I need. Has anyone used any of the CD Torrent M-LOK mounts? I have not found much information on them. I like to have my light as high and tight to the rail as possible.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToeheadAR View Post
    My next weapon light will be the Cloud Defense REIN Micro. I wish the flashlight came with an MLOK body mount instead of the pic rail mount but outside of that it has everything I need. Has anyone used any of the CD Torrent M-LOK mounts? I have not found much information on them. I like to have my light as high and tight to the rail as possible.
    The Cloud Defensive mount is nothing more than an IWC Thorntail 2, AFAIK. If you want it to be super tight, and your handguard has 1030/0130 mounting positions, consider the Unity Tactical Fusion M-LOK Adapter or the Frank Proctor Rifle Direct Light Mount (M-LOK). The Arisaka Offset is also popular, but I prefer the Thorntail 2 to it, as IME, the Arisaka has a tendency to work loose, even when I used thread locker on clean threads.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    The Cloud Defensive mount is nothing more than an IWC Thorntail 2, AFAIK. If you want it to be super tight, and your handguard has 1030/0130 mounting positions, consider the Unity Tactical Fusion M-LOK Adapter or the Frank Proctor Rifle Direct Light Mount (M-LOK). The Arisaka Offset is also popular, but I prefer the Thorntail 2 to it, as IME, the Arisaka has a tendency to work loose, even when I used thread locker on clean threads.
    They’ve improved their mount/hardware recently.
    RLTW

Former Action Guy
    Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast