Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Recommend me a light

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)

Recommend me a light

I am looking to equip a couple of AR's with lights. I am just not all that excited about going down the rabbit hole of custom LED retrofits, optimal spill, lumens, and candelas, switches, this vs that mount, tape switch vs endcap switch, etc. Makes me tired to think about it.

Lights will go on suppressed 11.5 or 14.5 uppers, potential use is in home defense or dealing with whatever is trying to eat the chickens at 2 AM. Anticipated target ID/light up distances 50 yards or less.

Not afraid to pay for quality, don't want to get into trying everything on the market. No energy for that.

What I'm looking for is the "just buy a 6920" equivalent flashlight setup. Tell me what works for 90% of the users.

I don't currently run a forward grip. Pic rail side mount preferred. Thanks.

(Hesitate to add this, as I don't want to bias the responses. But FWIW I have a couple Surefire X300 Ultra and Streamlight TLR-1 HL laying around (both 1000 lumen). Not sure if one of them would get 'er done in the way others could. Don't have to use either but if they would be serviceable or could be modified to work with a new switch or something I'm all ears. )
    Last edited by JiminAZ; 04-15-21 at 14:42.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JiminAZ View Post
    Tell me what works for 90% of the users.
    A 6p (surefire) clone in a GearSector offset mount is my go to.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Modlite with phl2 head. Modbutton with surefire tail cap. All done.

Or same light with modbutton lite and arisaka or unity wing mount.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    SureFire Scout or aftermarket equivalent (like an Arisaka, in an offset mount - https://arisakadefense.com/300-series-light/)

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    The x300 and TLRs will do exactly what you need. Look no further.
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    Surefire Scout. I hear awesome things about Arisaka and Modlight as well but don't have any personal experience.
    Dr. Carter G. Woodson, “History shows that it does not matter who is in power or what revolutionary forces take over the government, those who have not learned to do for themselves and have to depend solely on others never obtain any more rights or privileges in the end than they had in the beginning.”

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bulldozer3 View Post
    Modlite with phl2 head. Modbutton with surefire tail cap. All done.

Or same light with modbutton lite and arisaka or unity wing mount.

Sent from my SM-G970U1 using Tapatalk
    Modlite PHLv2 head, Reptilia Torch body and SF DS00 tailcap with preferred tape switch @ 12 o'clock. I've been using the ST07 in a Cloud Defensive LCS.

If I use a Modlite or SF Scout body then I use an Arisaka offset mount
    Last edited by titsonritz; 04-15-21 at 15:49.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I guess where blowing right past that “6920” equivalent and going straight to the $300 lights.....
    AQ planned for years and sent their A team to carry out the attacks, and on Flight 93 they were thwarted by a pick-up team made up of United Frequent Fliers. Many people look at 9/11 and wonder how we can stop an enemy like that. I look at FL93 and wonder, "How can we lose?". -- FromMyColdDeadHand

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I guess where blowing right past that “6920” equivalent and going straight to the $300 lights.....

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I was just getting ready to ask about this. Glad I found this thread. Is the Protac rail mount decent?

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast