Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: On high blood pressure...

Feedback Score
    I'll be 61 in June, and my blood pressure issues didn't start until I was in my mid-50's. I'm guessing that aging plays some part in that.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I didn't read this entire thread, but cutting salt only helps patients with Volume dependent high blood pressure. Salt helps you hold water, then holding less water will drop your pressure because you have more water in your system. Usually those patients tend to be heavy. Just an FYI.

But a good diet and exercise is critical for a healthy long life.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Those who do not eat carbs sugars etc... and still have issues are so so rare though ! Like insane rare or they are cheating etc... and do not say it which is really common same as those doing things and supplementing or using fortified foods along with them

like gun accidents have an excuse and you find out the truth that they lied about what happened Or they think their soft uncle mike when stuffing their glock back in and the shirt is in the holster that its the holsters fault still !!!! Not mine its the stupid gun or stupid holster !

Potato diet etc... or other non sustainable food yeah elimination diets can work cause you have FAT as fuel to burn while loosing that weight also they are often under supervision and then using supplements big time while doing those last part being key !!! Needed supplements which if healthy should not be needed !
    those do not work long term as its not sustainable though so why ?
    Same as restriction and exercise does not work long term or very rare and you actually put on weight cause your body says OK I am being starved start storing
    So then I would ask where is that person now and did they keep it off cause almost NONE do they all tend to go back up sadly

For studies etc....
    Yeah a huge problem and what is happening now is they take say 500 people and 250 will be meat eaters they say ? which to slant that against eating meat is a McDonalds burger but that person is having a milkshake (pure sugar) and fries (pure crap oil and crap veggie) and the bun (crap grains) along with it and then say look that dude eating meat had high this or that and issues ? )
    This is a HUGE issue when its a study that has real reason to be bias which are to many these days and are then used in documentaries and not medical or scientific in any way but are taking and presented as that
    And also why seems for everything there is a counter !

So for sure you have to read and look around things and see what people are doing and hey test on yourself which is what this is all about
    Same as studies with mice when you see how much they are feeding them and its mice not people ?

And yeah some people have diabetes that cant be cured by diet rare though ! And bad diet makes it worse
    Same with BP some rare cant change it by diet but bad diet can make it worse !!!

its a tiny % that have actual issues that is not related to diet and truly needs meds

The biggest problem is excuses the I do not want give up my _______ I like it etc. and why when you look at how most folks are dying and having issues is bad diet ! But free country

I do think if you are on public assistance you need to be cause you me others should not be paying for something that is avoidable BUT only for those on the dole ! Why should we pay for them is my view

1 of 3 (sorry said 1 of 2 earlier) Americans are pre diabetic that is saying something HUGE about the problem in our country

When you see its about %12 of folks are in metabolic shape its like WOW so many who might look outwardly to be Ok are not !
    The amount of scrip issues and deaths and abuse also says all we need to now we have a HUGE problem with self control and health as they relate to each other
    Not to mention the issue with covid and obesity ! But hey give out free donuts instead ? hahahahahaha

This doctor did a fun thing he took pics of events like fairs places where lots of folks would come together from times past through todays and just looked at the people in the photos and it was shocking how fat we have become ! Not scientific but WOW

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    That's great but that's like the guy here last year with his potato diet. He only ate potatoes and lost a ton of weight.

What about then people who don't eat carbs, processed foods or sugar but still have weight/cholesterol/BP issues?
    That same article makes an argument for canola oil too! And it only talks about ground beef. I didn't realize people eat so much of that! Wow! I can't even think of that many recipes for it aside from burgers. I've always just made my own as needed. Can't remember actually buying ground beef.

Sorry OP!

My dad's side has a history of high BP. I mean high! My dad takes god knows how many meds it it's barely manageable. For him normal is cause to go to the emergency room for most people. His father had extremely high BP too. We're talking systolic (the first number) around 200 and the diastolic around 100. I don't think it was managed well if at all. So I keep an eye on my BP.
    For the most part I'm normal. Typically in the range of 110/60 - 120/70. But from time to time I do feel spikes. I can be sitting watching tv and feel a pressure in my head like you would if hanging upside down. Or I'd feel my ears burning. I'd go check my BP and it'll be something like 150/80 for no reason. It would be at random times so I can't pin point it to any specific reason except it only happens at home. The other thing I get is high BP at the doctor's office. No matter the reason when at a doctor's office I'm at 140ish / 80ish. Started a couple years ago for no reason.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Honu; 04-18-21 at 15:53.

I'm from everywhere man because I'm an everywhere man....
    Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My blood pressure issues are between work aggravation and a diet/weight. I take one tablet 50mg Lisinopril/25mg HCTZ each day. Sitting behind a desk all day doesn't help. I exercise, but lose motivation and have a hard time keeping the weight off once I'm down to a good weight. But it helps to work off the aggravation I get from work. It seems when I get around 230 (I'm 6'1" tall), my blood pressure is fine. Doctor tells me that 185 is my ideal weight. Being single, my diet varies. I go through times when I eat a good balanced diet when I cook at home, but there are times when eating out are convenient for me. I haven't seen 185 since I was in the Marines! I'd look like a death camp survivor if I got down to there.
    Repression Is Nine Tenths The Law

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345