Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Current events and your CCW weapon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I’ll throw a curveball in this discussion and ask what’s your real mission? Do you need something to keep you and yours in your immediate vicinity safe? Or do you expect to be the hero and go hunting down a dude shooting fish in a barrel in the other room or across the building? Are you really up to that job?

And part two, what’s the aftermath? Do you have enough funds or carry insurance to cover court costs? Will you be viewed as the good guy or not? Are you ok with risking everything for people you don’t know and may not really appreciate what you did or the level of work you put in to have the skill to be able to solve that issue?
    Excellent questions. I have been asked that before by a few people I know. Years ago my answer was 'It would really depend on the situation itself.'
    Now I have a son and I don't expect myself to be the good guy going after or tracking down the bad guy.

I have a short carry history, only 5 years now. I started with a single stack Springfield XDS seven rounder. I quickly yearned for more capacity and now carry a Springfield XD Mod 2 with a flush fit 13 round mag and carry a backup 13 rounder.

Feedback Score
    A long time ago, I was running towards a house and got hit in the rifle. The rifle saved my life, but it was DOA. When I got up to the house I dropped my piece of junk rifle and transitioned to my Hi Power and entered the house.

Gun fight ensued.

We won, they didn't.

I later was doing research with an other officer and we interviewed every civilian in Israel, that was in a gun fight with terrorist. One ultra Orthodox man with a Star PD and 6 rounds total disrupted a terrorist take over of a bus. One dead terrorist on the spot and the others fled.

My father in law was the subject of a kidnap attempt by terrorist, he was able to break contact and get away. His pistol a Beretta 32 caliber .

As I have said I now carry my CZ P07 Roland Special most of the time. I used to carry for just running round a Glock 26 with plus 2 so 13 rounds in the pistol and a magpul 21 round for back up. I would fight the bad guys no mater which pistol I had with me.

I watched a youtube on the Beretta 71 a .22 cal pistol that was used back in the day, long before my time. An ElAl sky marshal fought off a terror attack with 4 terrorist armed with AK47's and grenades. He later was part of the take over of the Sabena plane that was hijacked to Tel Aviv. In both incidents he killed terrorist with his .22 cal Beretta.

It is the size of the fight in the man, that many times carries the day.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    Not sure about "evidence" per se, but common sense dictates that if you have 15rds as opposed to 7rds it at a minimum gives you the ability to keep his head down longer as you hopefully di di mau the fvck outa there!
    From what I observed in events that have been reported in open sources, pistol users didn't get too many chances to sling a lot of lead against determined rifle users. I dunno if I am going to prioritize something that I could use to lay down a suppressive fire vs something that would allow me to hit their head at beyond just a contact distance. For some these two somethings could be all the same, for others they may differ.

This is not much different than

Quote Originally Posted by pointblank4445 View Post
    A respected industry guy and former LE and former mod here gave a very candid take in a recent podcast. Pretty much, unless he could "screw the muzzle into the bad guy's ear" ...
    except maybe thinking of screwing the muzzle into the ear from a bit afar.
    Last edited by YVK; 04-19-21 at 00:13.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    A long time ago......
    Man...reading your posts....as you add tidbits of your career here and there...You've had a wild ride. Good stuff.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    This is how I roll when I go to the mall.

That's that SAS guy in Kenya a while back that went in first and alone to get hostages out and smoke check muldoons while the local yokels stood around bein' perplexed.

Absolute bada$$.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Leaveammoforme View Post
    Man...reading your posts....as you add tidbits of your career here and there...You've had a wild ride. Good stuff.
    The family members that are just a bit older than me had the wild rides. I don't remember what Jewish holiday it was but a bunch of us were sitting together in the sun on the porch.

Oldest brother in law was part of the putting down of Gaza in 1968, it was crazy. He also fought in 6 day war, Yom Kippur war, and first war in Lebanon.

Next oldest brother in law in Yom Kippur war was part of a recon unit that just disappeared for a while and about 3 weeks after the end of the war they walked back to Israeli lines.

Cousin took part in the big tank battles on Golan in 73, he had multiple tanks blown out from under him.

One more cousin was at Entebee and Sabena .

We all fight because we have no choice. Israel turned 73 this last week, we no longer face nation states around us that want to kill us all and rape the women. Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon will not go to war with Israel in the near future. But we still face a threat, today it is Iran and it's proxies.

The ride is worth, the price of a ticket.

I have had the honor to serve with some of the best people ever, to have mentors that would be like having Aaron Bank and Charlie Beckwith as mentors.

The people I have met from the USA units that we had contact with, are some of my best friends.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by yoni View Post
    The family members that are just a bit older than me had the wild rides. I don't remember what Jewish holiday it was but a bunch of us were sitting together in the sun on the porch.

Oldest brother in law was part of the putting down of Gaza in 1968, it was crazy. He also fought in 6 day war, Yom Kippur war, and first war in Lebanon.

Next oldest brother in law in Yom Kippur war was part of a recon unit that just disappeared for a while and about 3 weeks after the end of the war they walked back to Israeli lines.

Cousin took part in the big tank battles on Golan in 73, he had multiple tanks blown out from under him.

One more cousin was at Entebee and Sabena .

We all fight because we have no choice. Israel turned 73 this last week, we no longer face nation states around us that want to kill us all and rape the women. Egypt, Syria, Jordan, Lebanon will not go to war with Israel in the near future. But we still face a threat, today it is Iran and it's proxies.

The ride is worth, the price of a ticket.

I have had the honor to serve with some of the best people ever, to have mentors that would be like having Aaron Bank and Charlie Beckwith as mentors.

The people I have met from the USA units that we had contact with, are some of my best friends.
    Yes, that's one wild ride ! All the best to you and your family.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    His post was very relevant but more people than not dont have the time, money and space for that. I can go running, I can go shooting but I can't go run and shoot. Places like that don't exist here.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    There are a ton of uspsa matches in your area. And a range close to where I think you are that allows it for pistols. PM me and I can give you a list if interested.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    I've been carrying a P365XL with a RMR and an extra magazine and given recent events I haven't had any 2nd thoughts about my choice of weapon.

Feedback Score
    My threat environment hasn't changed. As a result my carry choices have not changed. Mostly my 3-1/2" 1911 and a spare mag. Otherwise my SP101 and a speed strip or two.

My highest risk is working. Then I am generally flying regularly, and aboard .gov installations so I'm ****ed for personal arms. If trouble finds me without a firearm, there is expedient weaponry pretty much everywhere. Creativity, good decision making skills, and a willingness to be the most violent and ruthless man on the scene can go a long way.

As was mentioned earlier, you need clarity of mission. If you find yourself involved in a mass casualty event, stick to your mission. If you ain't the Cavalry don't go acting like the Cavalry. Your mission is to survive, you and yours. If you go "hunting" you expose yourself to the bad guy, the aforementioned Cavalry, and anyone else on the scene. Evac if you can, otherwise stay put and find cover, be inconspicuous, and engage the bad guy "with great vengeance and furious anger" if he comes to you.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456