Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Current events and your CCW weapon

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I’ve been using a 17 cut for 19 mags (username checks out) since ‘07 or so. I think it’s the best balance of concealment and firepower/shoot ability as a 17 has always been a noticeable improvement over the 19 in every way for me.

I have also been pretty heavy on the Glock 43 since ‘15 and have been pretty impressed by it’s accuracy capabilities but it is a little bitty thing and is not as tolerant of bullet shape and modification as the double stack ones.

How much are you gonna need when you need it? Nobody knows.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I went to the 365 for easy run to the gym or grocery store trips. Any other time it's a 365xl with rmr. Mags aren't the cheapest, but osage County guns usually has them for mid to high 30's.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    About this time last year I switched from a VP9SK to carrying a G45. I had been having some ergonomic issues with the VP9SK for a while. The gun was very reliable, but with the 10-rd mags it never felt completely “secure” in my hand while shooting, and with the extended 13rd mags it pinched the shit out of my pinkie finger. So I had bought a G48 with the intention of making that my new carry gun. Not long after I also acquired a G45 in a trade.
    At the time there was still talk of supply chain disruptions and potential for attendant civil unrest. So eventually I started thinking I wanted more firepower on tap and switched my focus from the G48 to the G45, vetted the gun to my satisfaction, and started carrying it exclusively last April. The Covid-related unrest never materialized aside from the toilet paper shortage, and the beginnings of a run on ammo but I had developed a liking for the G45.
    Then came the riots of summer. Quite often in hot weather I’ll opt to pocket-carry my J-Frame, but with things the way they were in the summer of 2020 I ended up just carrying my G45 all year. Between spreading unrest, not having to be as mindful about concealability because I wasn’t going out in public as much, and the fact that the ammo panic had really gotten into full swing and I couldn’t get .38 Special to practice with, I didn’t bother with the J-Frame at all.

So my decision to up the ante with regard to my carry gun was motivated in large part by concerns of being outgunned if society went to shit I guess. Which, considering I live in one of the safest states, and one that experienced almost zero civil unrest, was maybe a bit alarmist on my part. But I also legitimately like the G45 a lot.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    EDIT: double tap, again.....

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I'm not worried about "society going to shit," whatever that means. I'm worried about a multi-gangster jacking or jugging, or a mass shooter in a grocery store.

I'm not doing anything new, but here's what I do:

Glock 17 with one spare mag, whenever possible: suit coat, winter jacket, big shirt. Total 35 rounds.

When I can't carry the Glock 17, I carry a P365, with one spare 15 round magazine. Total 26 rounds.

And in the car is a Sub 2000 and two Glock stick mags loaded to 30 rounds each.

No games with .40 or .45; I want 9mm because it is just as effective and can be shot faster and more can be carried.
    No piddling around with revolvers. Five or six shots and you're done.

Feedback Score
    G26 with a 12 round mag is like a bob tailed G19 in my opinion. I carry the 26 aiwb with a 15 round spare in the sidecar holster.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm so lazy about carrying. I don't get out and about much at all. I haven't carried my pistol in forever. I used to be fanatical about it.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    38 (100%)
    I’ll throw a curveball in this discussion and ask what’s your real mission? Do you need something to keep you and yours in your immediate vicinity safe? Or do you expect to be the hero and go hunting down a dude shooting fish in a barrel in the other room or across the building? Are you really up to that job?

And part two, what’s the aftermath? Do you have enough funds or carry insurance to cover court costs? Will you be viewed as the good guy or not? Are you ok with risking everything for people you don’t know and may not really appreciate what you did or the level of work you put in to have the skill to be able to solve that issue?

Even living in Texas, I’m at the point of questioning whether even doing the right thing, gets me hemmed up with the current societal “standards” we live in. I question whether the court system will even care what is right and either roll me up in the process or impact me financially, my employment, my FREEDOM, etc. I used to be all gung ho about hunting down a bad guy in an active shooter situation. Now, not so sure about that. Pretty sad state of reality TBH.

Regarding the hardware, it’s either a G19 or G26 because those are my only options and only what I train with. And it’s 99.9% of the time a G19 for training and carry for me. But that’s not a decision relating to my perceived mission. It’s just simply because it’s what I have, and have carried for a long time, and I have no issues concealing it AIWB.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Look for this Summer to be even “livelier” than last.
    Have been carrying a CZ P10c with RD with spare 20 rd. Or a P365 with spare 15 rd. concealed.
    OWB with loose shirt is STI with spare 20 rd.
    A true "Gun Guy" (or gal) should have familiarity and a modicum of proficiency with most all firearms platforms.

Feedback Score
    I packed a 5" gov't model 45 acp for 25 years (off duty). With the right belt & holster you can carry anything comfortably. I made the switch to 9mm M&P's when they first were introduced. Much lighter & I shot them just as well as my trusty 45. Bought the single stack Shield when it first came out. Carried it plus spare mag for two years but never was comfortable with the capacity. I guess I prefer enough firepower to end the situation or break contact.
    Anyway, FF a few years & my EDC rotates between a M&P compact (15 rd) with two spare 17's on the belt. Or a Beretta compact (15rd) with two 18's on the belt. (sometimes a 3rd mag in a snagmag holder in my pocket). Both with RDS. I'm a bigger guy so big guns are not hard for me to carry or conceal.
    As was said, I'm more focused on multiple criminals attacking in packs. I've seen upwards of 15+ do home invasions or just on the street. Maybe I'm overloaded but an empty gun is just an expensive club.
    Carry what your comfortable with (that includes spare ammo) & shoot the best. I'll wager no one who survived a gunfight ever said "I wish I had brought less ammo".

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast