Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Current events and your CCW weapon

Feedback Score
    125 (100%)
    I mostly carry the Glock 43x with the Shield Arms SA15 15 rd mags these days. This combination has been 100% reliable for me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjkbIHx-yzw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mZn0SHN52i8

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I’ll throw a curveball in this discussion and ask what’s your real mission? Do you need something to keep you and yours in your immediate vicinity safe? Or do you expect to be the hero and go hunting down a dude shooting fish in a barrel in the other room or across the building? Are you really up to that job?

And part two, what’s the aftermath? Do you have enough funds or carry insurance to cover court costs? Will you be viewed as the good guy or not? Are you ok with risking everything for people you don’t know and may not really appreciate what you did or the level of work you put in to have the skill to be able to solve that issue?

Even living in Texas, I’m at the point of questioning whether even doing the right thing, gets me hemmed up with the current societal “standards” we live in. I question whether the court system will even care what is right and either roll me up in the process or impact me financially, my employment, my FREEDOM, etc. I used to be all gung ho about hunting down a bad guy in an active shooter situation. Now, not so sure about that. Pretty sad state of reality TBH.

Regarding the hardware, it’s either a G19 or G26 because those are my only options and only what I train with. And it’s 99.9% of the time a G19 for training and carry for me. But that’s not a decision relating to my perceived mission. It’s just simply because it’s what I have, and have carried for a long time, and I have no issues concealing it AIWB.
    Staying alive, be it an active shooter scenario or being pulled from my vehicle to be beat on.

I live out in the sticks, but work in the city M-F. I don't go to rallies or protests, and if I knew there was trouble brewing I'd avoid the area. Avoiding trouble is the first priority in the "plan". That said, sometimes trouble finds you. Be it an active shooter when I go to Publix for my weekly shopping or being trapped on a freeway as traffic stacks up around and behind you by assholes intentionally blocking the road. I doubt I'd actively pursue a mass-shooter, but instead seek an escape route. Obviously that may not be possible, so then you'll have to deal with it or die (and still might anyway). And I'll NEVER be pulled from my vehicle and beat on by some crowd of scum.

The old-fashioned robbery at an ATM or Quickie Mart is still a possibility (that hasn't changed) but the mass shooter and riot situations have me rethinking things [again].

I'll also say this regarding the riot situation: the ramifications of defending yourself in that scenario these days is no doubt not pretty. At the time of the incident I can assure you that my wife's and mine survival will be foremost and will dictate my actions, consequences be damned. If an attempt is being made to drag me out of my vehicle and be beaten to a pulp by a rabid crowd simply because of the color of my skin I will promise you that my house, retirement, job, etc. will NOT be my first concern. I'll just leave it at that.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Carry a comprehensive First Aid kit in your vehicle. Be prepared to live in your vehicle for one week. Weapon selection is important, but these factors are critical.
    Train 2 Win

Feedback Score
    If you find yourself in a bad situation you are going to have to fight with what you have on you. "Truck guns" need to be secured. Had a family member shot by a gangster who had a gun stolen from a cop's car of all things. When they are secured they are harder to get into action. If you are at the park with your kids and some asshole comes walking up dressed like the Joker carrying a shotgun it a very long run back to the minivan to get your fighting gun. Find something that works for you and go with it. Keep an eye out for trouble and avoid if possible

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by T2C View Post
    Carry a comprehensive First Aid kit in your vehicle. Be prepared to live in your vehicle for one week. Weapon selection is important, but these factors are critical.
    Absolutely, food, water, shelter, IFAK, minimal tools. Hell, I carry 3 ways to make fire too.

Remember that ugly scene during Rodney King, the lone truck driver? I am not going down like that.

Think of how that would have played out if he'd lit that crowd up with 17 rounds of 9mm,reloaded, and laid down another 19....methinks on the 2nd reload, the crowd might've dispersed a bit...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    My lighter carry is a 43X with a factory ten round mag, with a spare ten rounder, AIWB. As a note, the shorter barrels on the 43X and G26 make them tip outboard a little on me, a problem that can rectified by a longer holster. I’m also a hair squishy so that doesn’t help.

My normal carry is a G19, with a 15 rounder, and a spare 22 rounder. I also just have a Sub2K and spare happy sticks a lá Firefly, nicely packaged in a sweet messenger bag with an IFAK, TQ, gloves, bandana and a few other goodies I won’t mention. This bag is in case I have ditch my vehicle and evac on foot in a “contested” area.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Nobody cares. Let’s talk gear instead.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 04-18-21 at 13:05.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Why not the 365xl? Mags are available AND cheaper than the Shield Arms.

If you already have the 365 I believe you can play mix and match with slides and frames.

My CCW has always been a duty size gun. When I started carrying I didn't know any better. I assumed all guns were that size. Started with Ruger P89 then Taurus's Beretta 92 copy, Korean P51 (forget actual name) there was a S&W 5906, 4506, 4566, Sig 226, 220.....you get the idea. It's been G19 for a while now with a few exceptions. However, after picking up both Sig 365 versions I'm probably going to switch to the 365xl for some of summer's activities

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    Based on the models you listed, during that time frame that really was about it for 9×19 and up cartridges. Smaller off the shelf full power pistols that I can recall were some AMT models and early Kahrs that were steel frame and close to the weight of alloy frame versions of full size pistols. I think Keltec had the first lightweight compact 9mm, but the trigger was truly staple gun level followed by the .40 S&W version that was just about always unreliable.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    This is how I roll when I go to the mall.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jsbhike View Post
    Based on the models you listed, during that time frame that really was about it for 9×19 and up cartridges. Smaller off the shelf full power pistols that I can recall were some AMT models and early Kahrs that were steel frame and close to the weight of alloy frame versions of full size pistols. I think Keltec had the first lightweight compact 9mm, but the trigger was truly staple gun level followed by the .40 S&W version that was just about always unreliable.
    S&W had their Chief's Special 9mm semi autos. I think they were called 3913?!? Keltec P11 I think you're thinking of. G26. I guess the Sig 239 maybe. It's "small" in the sense that it's smaller than the 226 and other full size guns of it's day but it's really about the same size as a G19

There's probably one or two other guns but I just don't remember ever even seeing any of them. I'm sure I just glanced right over them but all I can remember what was available was G19 - G17 size guns.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast