Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Current events and your CCW weapon

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    This is how I roll when I go to the mall.

You're supposed to have your mask over your nose!

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    S&W had their Chief's Special 9mm semi autos. I think they were called 3913?!?
    No, the DA/SA Chief Special 9mm was called the CS9, it had a 3" barrel and 7 round magazine. It is actually smaller than the 3913 which had 3.5" barrel and 8 round magazine. The 3913 and its Ladysmith version were shortened versions of the full size 39 single stack. For size comparison, the 3913 actually fits in a S&W Shield holster perfectly. The 3913 weighs just under 25 ounce while the Shield weighs just under 21 ounce. I'm talking about the gen 1 shield with the 7 and 8 rounds magazines. Outside of nostalgia, the Shield make more sense than either the CS9 or 3913. And now you have the Shield Plus that hold 10 or 13 rounds, depending on the magazine.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    After taking a low light, no light defensive pistol class a couple of years I’m a proponent of having a light on my CCW in addition to having a hand held light. With my aging eye I find a RDS extremely useful.

My current preferred CCW is a G43X MOS slide with Holosun 507K and Ameriglo Bold front sight on a standard G43X lower with a Streamlight TLR6, NDZ mag release and SA 15rd mags with 147gr HST in a G-Code INGOG. Suits me much better than my G19 with RMR and TLR7 for daily use, although the TLR6 isn’t the brightest.

I just got the new Surefire XSC Micro yesterday. Once I get a compatible holster that for the MOS XSC combo that will replace the current lower half.

Lots of dry fire practice and having the ability to shoot and move on a 25 x 25 yard range help too.

Feedback Score
    I carry my CZ P07 "Roland Special". The only thing I switch out if I am in just a T shirt or button up shirt with tails out is that I will use the 15 round mag in the pistol verse the 19 round mag.

I think this is a serious pistol that will allow me to deal with anything I come up against.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    This FedEx thing last night and the thought of facing a semi-auto/30rd rifle with a handgun.
    I am curious if there is any kind of evidence that handgun's capacity is important in that ^^^ kind of situation.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    My buddy fully vetted that Glock with the after market high cap mags, and he loves it. I have been running the Sig P365XL with RDS. I feel that 15+1 and slim configuration is perfect for me. I still like my M&P Shield but lacks round count.

I too have felt an increased need to be more cognizant of my CCW activities with increased shootings and increased flood of Illegals in AZ. They are busing illegals from the border and just dropping them in a park in Ajo AZ. Halfway from Mexico to Phx, its insane. They just bus and DROP, no food, no extra clothes, no jack squat and what do you expect these people to do. Its insane.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 04-18-21 at 12:26.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I’ll throw a curveball in this discussion and ask what’s your real mission? Do you need something to keep you and yours in your immediate vicinity safe? Or do you expect to be the hero and go hunting down a dude shooting fish in a barrel in the other room or across the building? Are you really up to that job?

And part two, what’s the aftermath? Do you have enough funds or carry insurance to cover court costs? Will you be viewed as the good guy or not? Are you ok with risking everything for people you don’t know and may not really appreciate what you did or the level of work you put in to have the skill to be able to solve that issue?

Even living in Texas, I’m at the point of questioning whether even doing the right thing, gets me hemmed up with the current societal “standards” we live in. I question whether the court system will even care what is right and either roll me up in the process or impact me financially, my employment, my FREEDOM, etc. I used to be all gung ho about hunting down a bad guy in an active shooter situation. Now, not so sure about that. Pretty sad state of reality TBH.

Regarding the hardware, it’s either a G19 or G26 because those are my only options and only what I train with. And it’s 99.9% of the time a G19 for training and carry for me. But that’s not a decision relating to my perceived mission. It’s just simply because it’s what I have, and have carried for a long time, and I have no issues concealing it AIWB.
    It really really sucks that we have to be very careful about doing anything but trying to get you and yours out of harms way due to a potentially over zealous court system. Can you imagine hitting a bystander, even if you didn't kill them, your hosed. I'm almost ashamed to think of leaving victims to slaughter but I cant leave my home fatherless either. AZ is pretty gun friendly but no court Sytem is 100% gun friendly and could cost you everything. It really sucks.

PB
    Last edited by Pappabear; 04-18-21 at 12:43.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    The meanest G34 you have ever seen with the cleanest G45 money can buy and a lot of mags loaded with Gold Dots to include some G18 mags. Gas tank full every day.

Plus my usual bag of tricks.

Feedback Score
    49 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I’ll throw a curveball in this discussion and ask what’s your real mission? Do you need something to keep you and yours in your immediate vicinity safe? Or do you expect to be the hero and go hunting down a dude shooting fish in a barrel in the other room or across the building? Are you really up to that job?
    A respected industry guy and former LE and former mod here gave a very candid take in a recent podcast. Pretty much, unless he could "screw the muzzle into the bad guy's ear" he wouldn't assume to do any "hunting" and his priority is him and his own...no more, no less. Liability issues noted, he raised a valid point that likely as not, you would be engaged by the first responding uniformed officers*.

*(assuming police response continues as such in the post-Columbine tactics way) Given the attempts to reduce "warrior" training, inevitable lowering of hiring standards and reduced candidate pools to meet minimal staffing, and other impending ripples from the current climate may very well cause unforeseen changes in rapid response tactics.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Current events and your CCW weapon

Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post

If you already have the 365 I believe you can play mix and match with slides and frames.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    I have a Sig P365, and recently bought a XL frame (frame only) at Optics Planet.
    I moved the trigger mechanism and the P365 slide to the XL frame to build something like a Sig P365X. It works great, better grip, and still a compact gun that one can even pocket carry.
    12+1 with a spare 12 or 15 rounds magazine.
    Last edited by 202; 02-26-22 at 23:58.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast