Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Current events and your CCW weapon

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Nobody cares. Let’s talk gear instead.
    I read your post before you edited it. What was wrong with it? You hit on the non-gear subjects, certainly as important. I alluded to those in my last post. All part of the equation.

Since when are you shy?
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    S&W had their Chief's Special 9mm semi autos. I think they were called 3913?!? Keltec P11 I think you're thinking of. G26. I guess the Sig 239 maybe. It's "small" in the sense that it's smaller than the 226 and other full size guns of it's day but it's really about the same size as a G19

There's probably one or two other guns but I just don't remember ever even seeing any of them. I'm sure I just glanced right over them but all I can remember what was available was G19 - G17 size guns.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
    The 3913 pre-dated the Chief's Special line of handguns.
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post
    I read your post before you edited it. What was wrong with it? You hit on the non-gear subjects, certainly as important. I alluded to those in my last post. All part of the equation.

Since when are you shy?
    Nobody jumped on his post to give him “attaboys” quick enough.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by YVK View Post
    I am curious if there is any kind of evidence that handgun's capacity is important in that ^^^ kind of situation.
    Not sure about "evidence" per se, but common sense dictates that if you have 15rds as opposed to 7rds it at a minimum gives you the ability to keep his head down longer as you hopefully di di mau the fvck outa there!
    11C2P '83-'87
    Airborne Infantry
    F**k China!

Feedback Score
    Given the current social environment; circumstances, training, fitness, and location determine the individuals equipment and response. I'm a minimalist. EDC is simple and easy while walking to work, wandering about the city, going to restaurants, grocery shopping, and the like. EDC is G19 RMR aiwb and spare 17 rd mag in left pocket, fixed blade iwb left, Bic lighter, small flashlight, plus usual keys/ wallet /cell phone. All carried comfortably on person, shirt always untucked so concealment is easy. I have two residences, so I drive from the city to the outer outer suburb twice per week. In my vehicle is a small discreet sling bag with water bottle, two spare 30 rd mags, ear pro, eye pro, gloves, small first aid kit, baseball cap, and multitool on top of very light weight black zip-up hoodie. I also carry actual AAA maps of the areas between both homes, as they are 40 miles apart. Nothing is a carried in my vehicle, if it has to be abandoned for whatever reason, grab the sling bag, hoodie and go. Vehicle docs like registration and insurance are carried in wallet. If untoward situations arise, I avoid the areas whenever possible. Highway protest/ blocks? I stay in the city and go back following weekend, and vice versa. Lets say riot scenario, severe social unrest arises,
    and am caught in traffic, alternate route sought. Rioters engulf cars, grab bag and leave, join crowd with raised fist and and shout whatever slogan and disappear from crowd. All hell breaks loose and am physically attacked, well that's what the spare mags are for. IF things get really tense and dangerous in my locale, may add pepper spray, smoke to sling bag and a bike helmet. But that sounds extreme :-)

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ironman8 View Post
    I’ll throw a curveball in this discussion and ask what’s your real mission? Do you need something to keep you and yours in your immediate vicinity safe? Or do you expect to be the hero and go hunting down a dude shooting fish in a barrel in the other room or across the building? Are you really up to that job?

And part two, what’s the aftermath? Do you have enough funds or carry insurance to cover court costs? Will you be viewed as the good guy or not? Are you ok with risking everything for people you don’t know and may not really appreciate what you did or the level of work you put in to have the skill to be able to solve that issue?

Even living in Texas, I’m at the point of questioning whether even doing the right thing, gets me hemmed up with the current societal “standards” we live in. I question whether the court system will even care what is right and either roll me up in the process or impact me financially, my employment, my FREEDOM, etc. I used to be all gung ho about hunting down a bad guy in an active shooter situation. Now, not so sure about that. Pretty sad state of reality TBH.

Regarding the hardware, it’s either a G19 or G26 because those are my only options and only what I train with. And it’s 99.9% of the time a G19 for training and carry for me. But that’s not a decision relating to my perceived mission. It’s just simply because it’s what I have, and have carried for a long time, and I have no issues concealing it AIWB.
    I’m in a different predicament. I will be specifically targeted. All of my stuff (that I will admit to) is 9mm centric as it is the du jour round in my area. I am prepared for large crowds and swarms and potentially limited access to my longarms/SMG.

I have chemical irritants and other less lethal crowd dispersal devices but it’s going to be sporty to get away. I just want sheer violence of action try to get the crowd to lose its stomach because as big as I am; I simply cannot fight 50 people.

My main thing is that I don’t go out so much and limit who knows what.

Really you just want to be the not worth the trouble to swarm on.

That’s what happens is the swarm.

Used to I would be happy with a G19.
    Now I carry heavier stuff and travel with my real friends.

Traveling with two other adult males will make you less of a walking lick.

At work, God help them.

Feedback Score
    Carry the highest capacity you can hide
    Train to make the fastest most accurate shots possible, 0-100yds

Current events haven't changed any of this for me.
    Last edited by MegademiC; 04-19-21 at 07:55.

Feedback Score
    Also to note, the current social norms are, for lack of a better term politically sanctioned violence, a common term in use now. Self defense may not be that at all. YOU may or will be considered the 'bad guy' not the blm/antifa scumbag that's threatening you. The best way to deal with these instances of social unrest should you unfortunately find yourself in one, is just leave and avoid confrontation if at all possible. Everyone has a 'line in the sand" ... where is yours ? When you do cross it, don't get caught.

IL (formely the worst damn state in the nation, but no more. Thank You New York.)
    Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by magister View Post
    G26 with a 12 round mag is like a bob tailed G19 in my opinion. I carry the 26 aiwb with a 15 round spare in the sidecar holster.
    I’ve been known to carry a G26 with two G17 reloads when wanting to ‘go lite’.
    And, two 33 rd ‘happy sticks’ are in the door pocket of my twuk:).
    FWIW - I’ve won man-on-man shootoffs using the G26 with happy stick reloads!!!!!! Pissed off some folks , but wasn’t technically against the rules. Kinda like the street:)

geezer john
    jmoore (aka - geezer john)

"The state that separates its scholars from its warriors will have its thinking done by cowards, and its fighting done by fools." Thucydides

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ABNAK View Post

Since when are you shy?
    His post was very relevant but more people than not dont have the time, money and space for that. I can go running, I can go shooting but I can't go run and shoot. Places like that don't exist here.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast