Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New 10-22 For Wife's Birthday

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

New 10-22 For Wife's Birthday

My wife and I were at the LGS and she spotted a Ruger "Bengal Tiger" 10-22 while I was destroying their restroom. She said "that is what I want for my birthday" so its parked on layaway. Luckily I laid in a good stash of 22 ammo over the last few years.

I have a stainless/synthetic 10-22, so I have some knowledge of them (and lots of mags). I will buy a BX trigger and install it before her birthday.

It has an interesting look: https://www.ruger.com/products/1022S...ets/31125.html

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    That is a really neat looking 10/22.

Aside from the trigger, my favorite thing I did to a 10/22 was had a pic rail installed on top and scoped it.

I also had my bull barrel threaded and I shoot it suppressed. But unless you want to gouge out the barrel channel in that stock, looks like you are stuck with a thin profile barrel.

ROFL about destroying the bathroom. Sometimes your last meal hits bottom and just wants out!
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    That is a really neat looking 10/22.

Aside from the trigger, my favorite thing I did to a 10/22 was had a pic rail installed on top and scoped it.

I also had my bull barrel threaded and I shoot it suppressed. But unless you want to gouge out the barrel channel in that stock, looks like you are stuck with a thin profile barrel.

ROFL about destroying the bathroom. Sometimes your last meal hits bottom and just wants out!
    “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”
    - Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Its going to wear a 1x electronic sight but I agree with scoping. I just wish someone made a truly low-profile pic rail, or that I knew who they are if such a thing exists.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-17-21 at 09:14.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Add a Volquartson trigger brother. Ive got two and they are superb.
    Been a 10/22 lover for about 50 years now...never saw THAT one before, it is unique.
    Larrys?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Add a Volquartson trigger brother. Ive got two and they are superb.
    Been a 10/22 lover for about 50 years now...never saw THAT one before, it is unique.
    Larrys?
    Yep, it was at Larry's. I like the schnabel fore end and lack of a barrel band, but tend to favor more conservative looking guns. At least its not pink or purple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Love that forend myself....I like that color too. I agree on the pink/purple atrocities too.
    None of mine have or had the barrel band...would be the forst thing to go if so.
    Question: Is the trigger guard on that one polymer or metal?
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Love that forend myself....I like that color too. I agree on the pink/purple atrocities too.
    None of mine have or had the barrel band...would be the forst thing to go if so.
    Question: Is the trigger guard on that one polymer or metal?
    I am sure it has the polymer trigger guard.

Andy

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    1. Kidd trigger

2. Magpul stock

3. Shaw .920" bull barrel.

4. 4X fixed scope.

Drives tacks with CCI std velocity 40 grain.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Uni-Vibe View Post
    1. Kidd trigger

2. Magpul stock

3. Shaw .920" bull barrel.

4. 4X fixed scope.

Drives tacks with CCI std velocity 40 grain.
    I appreciate your input, but it appears to be a recommendation for mods (excepting the trigger) that would absolutely ruin the rifle for her.

If no one was interested in accurizing the 10-22, the aftermarked support for it would be pretty thin but not every 10-22 needs to be a target rifle.

A better trigger and a modified bolt stop are all the changes her 10-22 needs, and a red-dot (hers has reticles) makes the rifle easy and fun to shoot. Thats literally all she wants.

If it just won't shoot, it will go back to Ruger.

If it still won't shoot, Shaw makes a sporter weight barrel that handily gets rid of the sights (which cannot be used with an optics rail anyway).

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-18-21 at 08:14.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast