Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New 10-22 For Wife's Birthday

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    I haven't used a bx or vq trigger but I will say the kidd single stage trigger kit is incredible for 100 bucks. I got it to tide me over on an nrl22 build until I got a nicer trigger module but I have no intention of replacing it now.

Feedback Score
    A 10/22 is an excellent rifle, one of the most used guns in the toolbox. Congratulations on a wife that actually wants to shoot!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I was leaning towards the BX trigger for price and because my wife is frankly not a hard core shooter.

I don't want to handicap her, but I am not convinced a 1.5 - 2.5# trigger is the best choice for an occasional/casual shooter with a semi-automatic rifle.

I still have the factory trigger on my 10-22, but it really is too heavy. No one shoots their best fighting a 6 or 7 lb trigger.

Andy

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    I have this on my 10-22's. not a must-have, but certainly appreciated: https://volquartsen.com/products/158...c-bolt-release

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I ordered the Volquarsten "target hammer" kit rather than the BX trigger.

Bluto, I looked at those, then decided I will just mod her factory stop. That way I can pay shipping again after the dremel gets away from me and I order the one you suggested.

You have to wonder what was going through Bill's mind when he made the bolt stop/release.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 04-19-21 at 16:26.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyLate View Post
    I ordered the Volquarsten "target hammer" kit rather than the BX trigger.

Bluto, I looked at those, then decided I will just mod her factory stop. That way I can pay shipping again after the dremel gets away from me and I order the one you suggested.

You have to wonder what was going through Bill's mind when he made the bolt stop/release.

Andy
    I modded the stock one with a small round file. Works fine.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I installed one Volquarsten hammer in my stainless 10-22 today (I purchased 2 hammers). It definitely dropped pull weight, but is not a "target trigger". As long as my wife's trigger pull ends up close to mine, life will be good.

I tried the hammer without the supplied springs, then with them. Trigger return seems fine with them and it lightens the pull a bit more.

Andy

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Very cool stock and the forend is a beauty. It's amazing how much aftermarket shite is available for the 10/22 gun. I went on a small 10/22 binge a while back trying all kinds of different stuff but never went full out with barrel changes etc.

My buddy brought his 10/22 this Sunday gunday, he had to borrow some ammo from me because he didnt stock up back in the day, I did. His was bone-stock but ran.

I hope your wife enjoys her new blaster Andy.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    When I read the title, all I could think of was Homer getting Marge a bowling ball as a present...
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    When I read the title, all I could think of was Homer getting Marge a bowling ball as a present...
    LOL

Nah, she requested that specific gun.

Andy
    Last edited by AndyLate; 06-06-21 at 09:00.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12