Thread: Rings for new rifle

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Rings for new rifle

I just placed an order for a Ranger model from Alamo Precision Rifles. I plan on running a Leupold Mk5 5-25 on it.

The rifle has a Defiance Tenacity action with a 20 MOA rail and a Sendero profile barrel. Im wanting to mount the scope as low as realistically possible as the stock is non adjustable and Id rather not run a cheek pad. Would 1 inch or .95 inch rings give me enough room for a scope cap?
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by C-grunt View Post
    I just placed an order for a Ranger model from Alamo Precision Rifles. I plan on running a Leupold Mk5 5-25 on it.

The rifle has a Defiance Tenacity action with a 20 MOA rail and a Sendero profile barrel. Im wanting to mount the scope as low as realistically possible as the stock is non adjustable and Id rather not run a cheek pad. Would 1 inch or .95 inch rings give me enough room for a scope cap?
    0.05” difference isn’t much, is typically err on the side of more room than less. With my 5-25x56 S&B on a Proof Sendero contour required 1.00” rings to clear scope caps. I could probably have gotten by with shorter, though caps would difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I would check with Alamo and see if they have an opinion. That 35mm tube size is a beast, so you dont want to have to buy several. And or goto Bass pro or Sportsmans and they will mount for free and you can make sure you get the correct sized rings to your liken.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"