Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Gas Key Sealant

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by okie View Post
    It's a very tight fit, and that rim is super thin. It only takes a tiny little ding to deform it enough to bind up. Probably makes sense for any AR enthusiast to have one of those punches around just in case. It's not hard to do.
    I'm gonna see about getting myself one of those punches, if I don't ever need to use it one of my friends might could.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky1 View Post
    I'm gonna see about getting myself one of those punches, if I don't ever need to use it one of my friends might could.
    True that man. Anybody who's ever dropped buttered toast is in the at risk category. Now that I think about it, I'm not sure why we don't just have one in our range bags along with broken shell extractors and bolt pry bars. All you need besides the punch is a square piece of wood and something to hit it with. If you can find a fence post and a rock it's something that could hypothetically be fixed in the field.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Anyone know where to get one and how much they cost?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Anyone know where to get one and how much they cost?
    No Sir, I don't not yet. Soon as I do I will post about it.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spooky1 View Post
    No Sir, I don't not yet. Soon as I do I will post about it.
    Thank you Spooky.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomMcC View Post
    Thank you Spooky.
    Your welcome.

Feedback Score
    30 (100%)
    Does whacking a gas key with this repair tool not compromise the screws or the seal or whatever? Would this tool be in the collection that DoD armorers have?
    RLTW

“What’s New” button, but without GD: https://www.m4carbine.net/search.php...new&exclude=60 , courtesy of ST911.

Disclosure: I am affiliated PRN with a tactical training center, but I speak only for myself. I have no idea what we sell, other than CLP and training. I receive no income from sale of hard goods.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1168 View Post
    Does whacking a gas key with this repair tool not compromise the screws or the seal or whatever? Would this tool be in the collection that DoD armorers have?
    You brace the key itself on a bench block. The tool is in the manual, but I don't know if it's something they currently do or not. Might even depend on the armory. I suspect some just throw them away, because I've seen carriers with fubared keys trickling out of military bases on Armslist.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345