Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: GEISELLE SUPER 42 BRAIDED WIRE, Rifle sized

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I didn't say it fixed anything, I said I liked what it did to my gun. I didn't say the gun needed it. I just said I liked it. You are trying to make more out of what I said vs what I actually said.

I will bow out with that, I don't do this bickering on something that just doesn't matter, simply an observation and opinion. Many will have different ones and they are entitled but not worth arguing over on the interweb.

Pappabear out.
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    If your 20 inch rifle gun bugs you with its impulse and weird noise, these springs are GTG and they probably do more that I discovered on one outing. I was impressed.

PB
    The JP tuned / polished centerless ground springs do pretty much the same thing. The 'sproing' sounds goes away completely and the feel when cycling is noticeably more smooth.

It is a noticeable enough difference for me to keep a drawer stocked with them and run them in pretty much everything I have rifle length or carbine.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pappabear View Post
    I didn't say it fixed anything, I said I liked what it did to my gun. I didn't say the gun needed it. I just said I liked it. You are trying to make more out of what I said vs what I actually said.

I will bow out with that, I don't do this bickering on something that just doesn't matter, simply an observation and opinion. Many will have different ones and they are entitled but not worth arguing over on the interweb.

Pappabear out.
    Its to the fvckin point you cant report anything here anymore without somebody criticizing,mocking, or some other BS.
    Now, as to the spring...I understand how it could feel different, when I installed the Tubbs .308 flat Spring in my 20" rifle..that too feels totally different..and better..than a stock RS.
    Never hurts to try something, especially free.
    The obedient always think of themselves as virtuous rather than the cowards they really are.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Let's start the week off right, bigger fish to fry.
    GET IN YOUR BUBBLE!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have a Windham 20" govt model. The only changes are mounting a scope and upgrading the trigger. Out of the box, wonderfully accurate, smooth as a BB gun, no boing. Though I consider it heavy with the 2" cantilever and scope, the difference between it and my carbines / pistols is amazing. No longer young, I definitely wouldn't want to hump it for any length of time or distance.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one but not currently in the carbine. I used it for a while with complete reliability with a Colt SOCOM barrel and Colt BCG. It seemed to me that is was a little stiffer feeling when hand cycling the action. I didn't notice or hear any sound difference, not that is bothered me. I do notice a difference with the JP captured recoil spring assembly in terms of smoothness of cycling both by hand and when shooting. I notice it more when I use the retro-723 carbine with the standard set up. I removed the buffer retaining pin on the rifle with the JP unit.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I have one but not currently in the carbine. I used it for a while with complete reliability with a Colt SOCOM barrel and Colt BCG. It seemed to me that is was a little stiffer feeling when hand cycling the action. I didn't notice or hear any sound difference, not that is bothered me. I do notice a difference with the JP captured recoil spring assembly in terms of smoothness of cycling both by hand and when shooting. I notice it more when I use the retro-723 carbine with the standard set up. I removed the buffer retaining pin on the rifle with the JP unit.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Straight Shooter View Post
    Its to the fvckin point you cant report anything here anymore without somebody criticizing,mocking, or some other BS.
    Now, as to the spring...I understand how it could feel different, when I installed the Tubbs .308 flat Spring in my 20" rifle..that too feels totally different..and better..than a stock RS.
    Never hurts to try something, especially free.
    The whole issue I have with it is that there have been threads going on for YEARS about how the original 20” rifle is the most reliable and softest shooting and this guy finds a fancy spring and now the 20” has an annoying recoil impulse and after less than a day and one outing the reliability is probably even enhanced.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I'm generally not a fan of any aftermarket spring, and the rifle buffer spring noise doesn't bug me. But that said, this spring is REALLY quiet. I popped in the gun after a string of fire with the standard spring, and on the first shot, I didn't think the rifle cycled right.

I can't say I noticed any recoil impulse difference shooting prone, but the noise difference was drastic.
    "What would a $2,000 Geissele Super Duty do that a $500 PSA door buster on Black Friday couldn't do?" - Stopsign32v

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    I'm generally not a fan of any aftermarket spring, and the rifle buffer spring noise doesn't bug me. But that said, this spring is REALLY quiet. I popped in the gun after a string of fire with the standard spring, and on the first shot, I didn't think the rifle cycled right.

I can't say I noticed any recoil impulse difference shooting prone, but the noise difference was drastic.
    Pretty sure the guys claiming there is no 'sproing' noise don't notice it any longer cause that is all they have ever heard. To them it is normal. (and it is normal for a regular spring)

A guy notices when that sound is NOT present any longer...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12