Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Springfield HRT 1911 with rail on Gunbroker

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Springfield HRT 1911 with rail on Gunbroker

https://www.gunbroker.com/item/897379670

HRT #4, very rare bird in the wild.

Riots are like sports, it's better to watch it on TV at home.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    That is an exceptionally good looking gun.

Sent from 80ms in the future

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Never heard of such guns with HRT SN's. Pretty cool, I have one like it, but a normal SN, not a famous HRT one. Good luck to the bidders.

PB
    "Air Force / Policeman / Fireman / Man of God / Friend of mine / R.I.P. Steve Lamy"

Feedback Score
    That’s one slick blaster.

Weren’t there also Professionals with FBI SN’s once upon a time or am I mistaken?

Feedback Score
    Very cool pistol

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I’m just watching the seller’s other items page to see what other awesome stuff Ken Hackathorn decides to sell if he’s liquidating his collection.

Feedback Score
    Hack is a legend. A rare piece like that owned by him with a provenance letter? $$$
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    Hack is a legend. A rare piece like that owned by him with a provenance letter? $$$
    I've been watching the FFL that is handling these sales, there were some great ones, my memory of the prices is not photographic but I think I'm in the ballpark:

A Valmet - over $9000
    Thomson submachine gun (yes full auto) - $35,000.
    HK MP5 - full auto - $36,000

This HRT #4 may go close to $4K but what there were some great true custom 1911s from past decades that we will never know about.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    I've been watching the FFL that is handling these sales, there were some great ones, my memory of the prices is not photographic but I think I'm in the ballpark:

A Valmet - over $9000
    Thomson submachine gun (yes full auto) - $35,000.
    HK MP5 - full auto - $36,000

This HRT #4 may go close to $4K but what there were some great true custom 1911s from past decades that we will never know about.
    When Louis Awerbuck passed away I recall some very nice and unique peices hitting the market.

Not that I'm trying to jinx Hack. Hope he spends all the proceeds with great delight.
    Go Ukraine! Piss on the Russian dead.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by utahjeepr View Post
    When Louis Awerbuck passed away I recall some very nice and unique peices hitting the market.

Not that I'm trying to jinx Hack. Hope he spends all the proceeds with great delight.
    I think he doing now so that he could live off the proceed and not leave a truck load of guns for his wife to have to liquidate years from now. Like most wives, they have no clue what kind of money a Swenson 1911 Colt would bring. So it's an old 1911 .. say $800? Ok, sold.

I helped a widow friend of the family sell her late husband's guns. Some nice Browning and Weatherby shotguns and other general guns. Got her a bunch of money. I found guns all over their house, some loaded! She had no idea they were there.

Anyway, Ken's health is fine and he plans to be around for awhile. Ken is not short on guns by a long shot. Some of these guns he hasn't seen or handled in years.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast