Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 1.70” scope mount

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Defaultmp3 View Post
    Any reason why the aforementioned ADM RECON-M wouldn't pass muster?

https://www.admmfg.com/recon-m-1-pie...-with-2-offset
    Somehow I missed that in you post and just focused on the RRA link. I’ll check it out. I do feel the BO looks like a more solidly built mount. I like it’s modularity for attaching a RMR to the mount. I wasn’t really looking for QD capability, but if I find myself waiting too long for the BO I may just go with this one.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Inkslinger View Post
    Somehow I missed that in you post and just focused on the RRA link. I’ll check it out. I do feel the BO looks like a more solidly built mount. I like it’s modularity for attaching a RMR to the mount. I wasn’t really looking for QD capability, but if I find myself waiting too long for the BO I may just go with this one.
    I mounted my Gen III razor in both an ADM Recon-X and a Badger Ordnance COMM about a week ago.

Long story short, my perception of the two mounts having done that, is that the ADM is an ADM it is well made and I am sure it will do the job. However, the Badger was on another level of fit and finish and that's without getting into the cool modularity aspects. Also the COMM weighed nearly 3 ounces less than the Recon-X. I know it's not an either or choice as the Badger Ordnance is basically impossible to find, but...that's for a reason...people who have them probably aren't selling them very often. I was impressed.

I actually sold mine after one range trip, I realized 1.70 was too tall for what I was doing and I needed a ~1.57. I tried to find one in that height, and also tried to find one in 30mm 1.5x, but, they just aren't out there. I hadn't purchased the RMR attachments yet (meant to) so I just bailed to another mount and the Arisaka stand alone offset
    Last edited by Warp; 04-22-21 at 11:24.

Feedback Score
    If you don't need cantilevering, Spuhr has a 34mm mount available at 1.73" HoB: https://spuhrwebshop.com/en/isms/sp/...l/sp-4008.html

Not going to be as light as a the BO CROM, but I would argue has better features.
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you don't need cantilevering, Spuhr has a 34mm mount available at 1.73" HoB: https://spuhrwebshop.com/en/isms/sp/...l/sp-4008.html

Not going to be as light as a the BO CROM, but I would argue has better features.
    That is a good looking mount. I would be worried that I couldn’t fine tune the position of the scope for eye relief without the cantilever. The added bubble level is a great feature, but I don’t know if it justifies another $110 in total cost. I’m definitely going to put it in the running. Thanks!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    I mounted my Gen III razor in both an ADM Recon-X and a Badger Ordnance COMM about a week ago.

Long story short, my perception of the two mounts having done that, is that the ADM is an ADM it is well made and I am sure it will do the job. However, the Badger was on another level of fit and finish and that's without getting into the cool modularity aspects. Also the COMM weighed nearly 3 ounces less than the Recon-X. I know it's not an either or choice as the Badger Ordnance is basically impossible to find, but...that's for a reason...people who have them probably aren't selling them very often. I was impressed.

I actually sold mine after one range trip, I realized 1.70 was too tall for what I was doing and I needed a ~1.57. I tried to find one in that height, and also tried to find one in 30mm 1.5x, but, they just aren't out there. I hadn't purchased the RMR attachments yet (meant to) so I just bailed to another mount and the Arisaka stand alone offset
    What was the downside of the 1.70 for you?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    What was the downside of the 1.70 for you?
    When cranking it up to high/max mag (Razor 1-10) to sight it in, I couldn't get a cheek weld. Proper sight picture without shadowing required of a side-of-jaw weld, was just a tad too high of a mount. My neck was fatigued from trying to hold the 1.70 position because I couldn't relax into an NPOA. I was afraid that would happen but 1.70 was the only thing I could find (in a badger or a scalarworks leap, I wanted one of those) so I gave it a go knowing I could resell very easily. With the ~1.57 I am able to really squish my face onto the stock and relax the muscles. The lower mount puts the stock solidly into my cheek above the jaw but below the cheek bone
    Last edited by Warp; 04-22-21 at 13:10.

Feedback Score
    That is a good looking mount. I would be worried that I couldn’t fine tune the position of the scope for eye relief without the cantilever. The added bubble level is a great feature, but I don’t know if it justifies another $110 in total cost. I’m definitely going to put it in the running. Thanks!
    I would also argue that it has better RDS/accessories mounting, as it allows you much more option than the CROM, which I think is the main advantage (I have my RMRs at 1200 using my Spuhrs, which I've found very easy to use under NODs for passive in some of the dry handling I've done); it also has the scope leveling wedge in the package, though some folks think it's just a gimmick. You could also just bridge the optic onto the handguard, I guess, to compensate for the lack of cantilever? Not exactly a popular choice, but hey, it's good enough for Kyle Defoor...
    Plus ça change, plus c'est la même chose.

老僧三十年前未參禪時、見山是山、見水是水、及至後夾親見知識、有箇入處、見山不是山、見水不是水、而今得箇體歇處、依然見山秪是山、見水秪是水。

https://www.instagram.com/defaultmp3/

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Warp View Post
    When cranking it up to high/max mag (Razor 1-10) to sight it in, I couldn't get a cheek weld. Proper sight picture without shadowing required of a side-of-jaw weld, was just a tad too high of a mount. My neck was fatigued from trying to hold the 1.70 position because I couldn't relax into an NPOA. I was afraid that would happen but 1.70 was the only thing I could find (in a badger or a scalarworks leap, I wanted one of those) so I gave it a go knowing I could resell very easily. With the ~1.57 I am able to really squish my face onto the stock and relax the muscles. The lower mount puts the stock solidly into my cheek above the jaw but below the cheek bone
    ^^This is where I am. My GP run ‘n’ gun carbine has a 1-6x LPVO with a 1.93” mount, my SPR has 3-15x on a 1.57” mount and I like that configuration for both purposes. I’m looking a Vortex 1-10x and thinking splitting the difference is where I want to be to utilize both options. I guess I’ll find out, just might end up selling it, too.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by titsonritz View Post
    ^^This is where I am. My GP run ‘n’ gun carbine has a 1-6x LPVO with a 1.93” mount, my SPR has 3-15x on a 1.57” mount and I like that configuration for both purposes. I’m looking a Vortex 1-10x and thinking splitting the difference is where I want to be to utilize both options. I guess I’ll find out, just might end up selling it, too.
    Versatility is my goal. I’m hoping for a good compromise of heights with the 1.70. I went with the PA 1-8 with the Griffin retical. The rifle is built around the BRT stainless recce barrel.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

1.70” scope mount

I would also argue that it has better RDS/accessories mounting, as it allows you much more option than the CROM, which I think is the main advantage (I have my RMRs at 1200 using my Spuhrs, which I've found very easy to use under NODs for passive in some of the dry handling I've done); it also has the scope leveling wedge in the package, though some folks think it's just a gimmick. You could also just bridge the optic onto the handguard, I guess, to compensate for the lack of cantilever? Not exactly a popular choice, but hey, it's good enough for Kyle Defoor...
    All good points. The problem I’m having is the little voice in my head saying “you’re spending another $110 for instant gratification”. Lol! We’ll see, I’ll give the backorder a couple weeks and see if I can stand it. I wonder why they don’t offer the Spuhr in a cantilever at that height?
    Last edited by Inkslinger; 04-22-21 at 17:50.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast