Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Remington Ammunition Is Coming Back

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by SteyrAUG View Post
    With the exception of Golden Sabers, most Remington ammo sucks.

Green box is underpowered with a high failure rate and their budget line UMC is even worse.
    I've fired quite a bit of green box .38 spec, .357 mag, .357 sig, and 9mm. No problems and chronographed what I expected.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    All I know is Golden Sabre would run pretty good in Colt SMGs. I have a box of .45 somewhere.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I hope they improve things.

The worst ammo I ever shot was UMC 55g .223. Yellow box. The brass was so soft it would plug the ejectors on our carbines with brass dust, shavings
    Last edited by signal4l; 04-23-21 at 15:01.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    All I know is Golden Sabre would run pretty good in Colt SMGs. I have a box of .45 somewhere.
    Yeah, the 45ACP GS is decent stuff. It has a pretty round noise profile, so it feeds just like a FMJ. Hell, even my bone stock, fully original, WWII Remington Rand 1911A1 eats it like candy.

It's good to have Rem back online producing ammo. Hopefully their new stuff will be better than the crap they were churning out over the last few years.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Yep. I’d get me a few boxes upon rerelease if nothing more than for hunting ammo.

I kinda hope they use the old ammo box design. Those were comfy. I’m sick of seeing cops and army guys on my ammo with extreme font. I like the stuff I grew up with.

Unpretentious and parsimonious

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    I kinda hope they use the old ammo box design. Those were comfy. I’m sick of seeing cops and army guys on my ammo with extreme font. I like the stuff I grew up with.

Unpretentious and parsimonious
    Totally agreed!

Feedback Score
    Bring back the old Yellow UMC box please. Also make the ammo to the same quality.

Feedback Score
    Glad to see more supply though I don't use Remington ammo for anything. In a time long ago... Rem .22LR Golden Bullet was ok for the kids to plink with. Kinda liked the old milk carton.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Entryteam View Post
    Well, I have witnessed what the golden sabre 9mm 124gr +P will do to a human being. It works. Brilliantly.

I have also witnessed up close and personal what Golden Saber performance is like, and the results have been highly effective. Highly, highly effective on human tissue.

To the persons who have tested Golden Saber, I’m going to suggest that you may not have been using the premium bonded variant, either that or there were other issues. I’ve run FBI protocols for testing ammunition, and Golden Saber has done very well. Accuracy has been more than satisfactory, and FPS variations haven’t been enough to make any meaningful difference in testing.

It’s good enough that FBI HRT has used it for a long time, though I confess I haven’t paid much attention to what they’ve been using lately.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    One thing I always liked about Golden Sabre is it came in 25 round boxes rather than 20.
    Gettin' down innagrass.
    Let's Go Brandon!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast